Ethanol free gas

We frequent NC quite often. So I decided to bring an empty gas jug to fill up with 93 ethanol free gas. It was only $4,099/gallon. I figure i'll use on my lawn tractor and snowblower. We don't have ethanol free gas in MA. How long can I expect the ethanol free gas to last without it going bad? The 5.5 gallons will probably last to next summer.
Do you have a marina near you? That’s either pure gas or ValvTect treated fuel. I wouldn’t want to transport a 5 gallon container of fuel that far. Have a collision and that 5 gallons leaks, ignites, and it’s a fireball.

Does anyone have a “gauge” of gas containing ethanol in relation to Octane? In other words, I’m pretty sure, that 91 octane is ethanol free, and most of the stations that advertise that do in fact have 91 octane listed as “ethanol free”. So what other grades, if any would be considered ethanol free?
About 2-3AKI at 10% is what I’ve heard, which makes sense since 91E0+10% ethanol=93E10.

In a modern fuel injected car ethanol free will make virtually no difference, ethanol free gas it's biggest advantage in small engines, and on older carbed cars that sit for long periods of time.

I can watch fuel trims in real time on the Acura and if I top up with E0 90 at the local Valero I can watch the ECU pulling several % of fuel out after starting.

It's not nothing, it doesn't make up the price difference, but the extra mileage is there.

Does anyone have a “gauge” of gas containing ethanol in relation to Octane? In other words, I’m pretty sure, that 91 octane is ethanol free, and most of the stations that advertise that do in fact have 91 octane listed as “ethanol free”. So what other grades, if any would be considered ethanol free?
No other grades. EtOH can be used in any grade, here in Southeastern Wisconsin where it is an EPA nonattainment area all gasoline must include an oxygenate. Even the Milwaukee Marina sells E10.

In my area I can only find ethanol free at local Wawa stations. It’s 89 octane. I use it in my lawn tractor. I treat it with stabil over the winter. I haven’t had any fuel related issues with it. Some times we will fill up the vehicles with it. I use trufuel in my snowblower and red armor in my other small engine because I can get it at a really good price at work.

Eth Free (Clear) has been readily available here for a while....88 octane

I keep 15-20 gallons on hand for the small stuff

Last purchase was $4.34 gallon

What's the ratio of water to fuel?
Well there is no ratio really that make any sense to follow. Ethanol "attracts" water...........what I do:

generally about 3 gallons at a time.......

about 2 quarts of water, to about 3 gallons of gas.....why? becasue my container is large and the initial water level is hard to see with less than 2 quarts.

1.) put water in clear container
2.) mark water level on container
3.) add gas
4.) agitate a bit by shaking
5.) seek entertainment elsewhere until tommorrow
6.) separate water and gas ( there are many methods)

You will observe the water level higher than it was before you added the gas. This is bcuase the water has combined with the ethanol= non ethanol gas.

Of course you should add an octane booster to the gas.

Thats all I got.

My BP station shut down. :( Is Phillips 66 considered top tier eth free?
It will say if it is E0. I get mine from either a boat marina or the cub cadet and JD dealers in town sell it out of a tank outside the store. I don't have any local gas stations that carry E0.

It will say if it is E0. I get mine from either a boat marina or the cub cadet and JD dealers in town sell it out of a tank outside the store. I don't have any local gas stations that carry E0.
Actually, there is a BP station across town. My small engine repair shop said that they could tell if I use Ethanol. I could also choose kum and go, all who have E0

Back