ENGINE DRESSING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who would've thought water displacement on the 40th try would make an engine look so good...!!!!???!

Myself I am afraid to spray anything under the hood. I just let my engines get dirty. Have even bought under hood detail stuff but never had the nerve enough to use it.

Yeah I can understand that, but after washing an engine and letting it dry, the metal and plastic parts have kind of a dry haze to them; like they needs some kind of lotion of sorts. I no that sounds weird, but that's the way I feel about it.
wink.gif

I never let mine get too dirty. So, I wipe everything down with APC (no harsh cleaners, or hose spraying for me). I then use Stoner's Trim Shine on all the Rubber and Plastic (which is pretty much everything). Trim Shine works great. Spray it on -- leave it. It doesn't leave a greasy, glossy film.

Semi-OT
What is this stuff that some used car dealers/auction sites put on engines? It almost looks like a clearcoat, best of all these engines, no matter how old - look spotless.

Quote:

I then use Stoner's Trim Shine on all the Rubber and Plastic (which is pretty much everything). Trim Shine works great. Spray it on -- leave it. It doesn't leave a greasy, glossy film.

I was just looking at a can of that at the hardware store tonight!
shocked.gif

I was going to ask if any of you guys have tried it and apparently some of you have and like it. This is so cool!
smile.gif

kkreit01, you're saying it looks great on plastic and rubber, but how does it look on some of the metal parts?

Last edited:
Quote:

Semi-OT
What is this stuff that some used car dealers/auction sites put on engines? It almost looks like a clearcoat, best of all these engines, no matter how old - look spotless.

They use engine dressing; which is what I'm trying to nail down right here.
smile.gif

I wouldnt use anything on your engine belts. When I worked at a dealership doing detailing somebody there that was doing it for a long time said they stopped doing it because it atracted dirt and was hard on belts. I know its very second hand info now, just thought I would throw it out there anyway.
twocents.gif

CD2 Engine Detailer is the absolute best. It is quite elusive though...only a few online sources so if you find it locally you're fortunate indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back