Best comfort dress shoes?

Loafers over tie shoes. Soft leather over stiff leather.
Also consider whether you need to go up a half size or need a wide width.
Loafers for 10+ miles of walking? Really? I would think they would be blister central after that distance…

Eccos or Clark's. Some people prefer doc martens for lots of walking. See if you can find some Mormon missionaries, they walk around all day in dress shoes, you can ask them what they like best

Rockport all day long.

IMG_2896.jpeg

Loafers for 10+ miles of walking? Really? I would think they would be blister central after that distance…
We must be thinking of different loafers.
I have a pair I've had for a little over a year in which I've done lots of walking and I find them very comfortable.
Bass Weejuns are also very comfortable if properly fitted. Got a pair of the penny loafers around here somewhere.
As someone noted above, Docs are also very comfortable. Wore out a pair of their loafers, which takes a lot of walking with a pair of Docs.

Twisted X shoes are the most comfortable shoes I have ever purchased and I wear them exclusively for long walks.

Twisted X

These are reasonably dressy, and there are many more on the website above:

2000284085_200_P1.jpg

Can't you walk in an athletic shoe and change at the office?
I am not in office. Dragging with me other stuff, and have to often leave stuff behind (security). So trying to minimize what I carry, but yeah, I was thinking initially about it. I would rather not do that though.

“Wear with a suit” narrows down the selection considerably. I would wear some Rockports, for example, as casual wear, but certainly not with a suit.

But these Eccos would be OK..

A couple of life times ago I was involved in the Consumer Electronics industry. I used to attend the big CES convention in Las Vegas and that entailed a lot of time on my feet plus a lot of walking every day. Especially when the cab lines were ridiculously long. I went through a couple of pairs of Rockports over the years. Excellent shoes, lightweight and comfortable and there are dressy styles that will go with a blazer and slacks or suit & tie.

I do highly recommend wearing whatever pair you settle on for a couple of days to break them in prior to going for a 12 mile walk !

I wear loafers nearly every day at work, and some days walk 4-5 miles. I know that’s half what’s being asked, but I have also comfortably done longer distances.

Most of mine are Bass. I’ve had them for years, and every pair has been resoled at least once. I think the key is that they fit properly and I’ve worn them enough that they fit my feet perfectly.

BTW, I find leather on the whole better in a dress shoe. I feel like the soles conform to me feet better and are also more “breathable.” In fact I bought a new pair of Johnson and Murphy Oxfords back in the spring without realizing that they were rubber soled. I wore them for a few weeks, then asked the cobbler I use to put leather on them. I’ve been much happier since then.

BTW, I do have a nicer looking pair of Clarks that wouldn’t be too out of place with a suit and are incredibly comfortable.

Thanx guys! I see some choices here I didn’t think of. I generally don’t wear suits etc. so this always comes as an afterthought or I remember only when I have some event, that I need to search for it.

Reactions: 4WD
I wear loafers nearly every day at work, and some days walk 4-5 miles. I know that’s half what’s being asked, but I have also comfortably done longer distances.

Most of mine are Bass. I’ve had them for years, and every pair has been resoled at least once. I think the key is that they fit properly and I’ve worn them enough that they fit my feet perfectly.

BTW, I find leather on the whole better in a dress shoe. I feel like the soles conform to me feet better and are also more “breathable.” In fact I bought a new pair of Johnson and Murphy Oxfords back in the spring without realizing that they were rubber soled. I wore them for a few weeks, then asked the cobbler I use to put leather on them. I’ve been much happier since then.

BTW, I do have a nicer looking pair of Clarks that wouldn’t be too out of place with a suit and are incredibly comfortable.
Yes - my Clark’s are black and shine up nicely - Yet, are still easy to walk in … also have J&M wingtips - pretty comfy - but they have a harder bottom for sure …
Many dress casuals I would not wear with a suit …

Florsheim I have had good luck with, including lots of walking. Rockport as well.
Both take and hold a nice shine of that is importance

For few months I am trying to figure out which dress shoes would be best for 10-12 miles walk a day?
Several times a year I have to do 5-7 day trip to Washington DC, where I do 10-12 miles a day of walking. It must be dress shoe that goes with suit and tie (no flexibility).
Last trip absolutely killed me! I had 4 blisters and serious pain from them. I am contemplating Skechers but their design is definitely not classic. They have some classic designs, but not any more comfortable than my Oxford type shoe now.
Any suggestions?
Definitely find a roadrunner sports shoe store and get their hot molded insoles. They've gone up but it's the best $100 I've ever spent. Security has me walking around 8 plus hours with gear and its rare my feet get sore. Pm me for details if needed.

Back