Eneos 0w-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone want a copy of this, just request it.

TBN: 2

Moly: 649

Boron: 74

Sil: 5

NA: 2

Cal: 1663

Mag: 3

Phos: 640

Z: 767

Flash 440

ITALO: This sample of virgin 0W/20 oil had no moisture in it and only a trace of insolubles. The TBN had
an unusual starting point measuring at 2.0 for active additive. Most virgin oils start out higher. The dominant
additive was calcium followed by zinc, moly and phosphorus. Calcium is a detergent/dispersant while the
others are anti-wear additives. Most diesel-use oils have more additive in them than this sample. Silicon
was present at 5 ppm and it may also be an anti-foaming additive in this brand and type of oil.

Originally Posted By: johnbottilaw

Flash 440

54.2 and 8.53 (viscosity@100°C?)

ITALO: This sample of virgin 0W/20 oil had no moisture in it and only a trace of insolubles. The TBN had
an unusual starting point measuring at 2.0 for active additive. Most virgin oils start out higher. The dominant
additive was calcium followed by zinc, moly and phosphorus. Calcium is a detergent/dispersant while the
others are anti-wear additives. Most diesel-use oils have more additive in them than this sample. Silicon
was present at 5 ppm and it may also be an anti-foaming additive in this brand and type of oil.

Entertaining comments. Diesel use oil??? TBN = 2.0. Not an error??

Nice high flash point and lots of moly. I dunno - let's see a vigorous UOA.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Originally Posted By: johnbottilaw

Flash 440

54.2 and 8.53 (viscosity@100°C?)

Entertaining comments. Diesel use oil??? TBN = 2.0. Not an error??

Nice high flash point and lots of moly. I dunno - let's see a vigorous UOA.

I think it's pretty obvious they use canned comments and then make mistakes deciding which ones to use. The sentences are already typed out and they just pick which ones to use. The TBN is no mistake as it was tested twice, but I sold the car the oil was in anyways...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back