Ended up buying a Snapper

Status
Not open for further replies.
The literature indicated dump the factory fill at 50 hours .

I have 24 quarts of NAPA 5W-30 synthetic .

Why would you avoid 5W-30 dino oil ? Think it is on the chart .

I asked a friend what kind of fish were in his pond. He said he had gotten a red snapper out of it once. After I gave him a puzzled look, he showed me where he had turned his mower over into the pond years before.

Originally Posted By: WyrTwister
Why would you avoid 5W-30 dino oil ? Think it is on the chart .

Briggs only recommends its use under 40 degrees F. It will consume like crazy during a Texas summer. You would think that synthetic and conventional 5W30 would act the same, but experience says otherwise. They act the same in water cooled engines, not air cooled.

I have used Dino 5W-30 in the past in B&S engines . 5W-30 is all I but for our 3 GM cars . Either Dino or full synthetic .

Can not remember having any problems .

Originally Posted By: old1
That Wal-Mart Snapper is actually a Murray in Snapper dress.

Say it ain't so ! It is a cross dresser!

Does that mean the blade sometimes runs the opposite way?

Hmmm .....

Good question . And when the blade turned the wrong way , it would be pretty much worth less .

I have used Dino 5W-30 in the past in B&S engines . 5W-30 is all I but for our 3 GM cars . Either Dino or full synthetic .

Can not remember having any problems .

Let me re-state that . Last 2 mowers I have had were Husqvarna made with B&S engines . I had carb problems , control cable problems , worn out drive wheels , plastic intake problems , sheered flywheel key problems , replaced spark plugs , blades and air filters .

No real problems burning oil . Think I used 5W-30 ( maybe some 10W-10 ) Quaker State dino oil . Have not bought single weight dino oil in I can not remember when .

Originally Posted By: Stevie
I have the same mower but the model just before this. Same "never change oil engine" I changed my oil after about 5 hours it was black and very watery. After it was broken in and changed oil. the engine had lots more power. Where it was bogging down going through high thick grass it now just cuts great.

Yours has one lever to adjust cutting height of all wheels at the same time. Mine adjust individually. My friend has your same model.

Always starts 1st or 2nd pull. They guarantee that or take it back.

The self propelled feature works great and makes it so much easier.

Never used the bag. I always mulch.

Very good and powerful mower. Just a little bit louder then my Craftsman that it replaced.

Biggest thing is it is self propelled and a B&S engine . Even though ti has the never change oil hype .

How do you dump the oil ? Turn it upside down and let it drain out the place you fill it from / at ?

I just took out the dipstick and tilted her over and drained it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back