Sad day today - got rid of my favorite mower

Well today I sent my favorite garden tractor down the road.. It was a similar mower to one my childhood neighbor had and I'd always wanted one. A few years ago this one fell into my lap - it had a Kohler M18 as opposed to Briggs Vanguard like my neighbor, but it still was an opposed twin with legit dual exhaust and it sounded so pleasing to my ears (just like when I was a kid). It made mowing even more enjoyable. But a while back I bought a Snapper zero turn to aid my mowing duties since I care for my neighbors few acres (with 110 obstacles to navigate) which put my Snapper garden tractor on the bench. Coupled with the fact that my wife uses my old Deere L110, I had no use for the GX2000. Tried to sell it, but had no takers. So I ended up donating it to my good friend up the road who has a few mowers, but none are 100%. I needed the room it occupied more than I needed the money anyway. It's a shame because in addition to the sweet drone of the exhaust, I had spent a fair amount of time dolling this thing up. Everything from head gaskets and carb work to seals, bushings, linkages, starter, all new tires and a new hydro... and probably more. But it was doing me no good sitting unused in the corner of the garage. If the thing didn't turn like a battleship I may have reconsidered, but with so many things to go around, it just became a burden to use. I mowed a little with it today just for sentiment before it's send off and I still feel like it was the right choice. The Snapper Zero turn really is just soooo much more machine than the GX, which is like a 60's muscle car. Lots of power and sounds great, but just not as versatile and capable as a modern car.

Attachments

• PXL_20230917_185223186.jpg
    PXL_20230917_185223186.jpg
    280.1 KB · Views: 73
  • 20210417_151320.jpg
    20210417_151320.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 74
Back