emotional support gone amok

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the little old ladies that carry their chihuahuas in their purses
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I like the little old ladies that carry their chihuahuas in their purses
laugh.gif

That is my wife's aspiration. To be a woman of leisure who travels with a small dog in her purse. Although, she wants a Yorkie, not a chihuahua.

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
So, taking my "pet" cat on a plane for support is out of the question?

Awesome! Maybe it can eat the peacock!

Reason #147 why I don't like to fly. I am not afraid of flight; sound principle. I hate commercial air travel due to lines, delays, security insanity, security lapses, and morons that want to bring peacocks on a plane ...

I look forward to the day when an apiarist wants to board.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dnewton3

Reason #147 why I don't like to fly. I am not afraid of flight; sound principle. I hate commercial air travel due to lines, delays, security insanity, security lapses, and morons that want to bring peacocks on a plane ...

I look forward to the day when an apiarist wants to board.

I was attacked by a peacock as a kid. There's no way.

Peacocks are pretty aggressive ... the cat might lose that one.

Originally Posted By: bbhero

If I can't get my therapy cat on the plane than I am taking somebody to court. No doubt in that. It will be on like Donkey Kong.

I have a tortoise shell as well. Very good cats.

Darn thing acts like a dog and is a viscous hunter.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Peacocks are pretty aggressive ... the cat might lose that one.
LOL...well, she is a bit larger now so I would need to buy a full row--one seat for me and two for her. I am thinking she may like to cuddle with the peacock. Nah...

So I take it that I won't be allowed to take my alligator snapper with me next time I fly?
frown.gif
cry.gif
He sits in my lap and is always a good turtle,and will only bite when provoked. Now I'm upset!!

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
So I take it that I won't be allowed to take my alligator snapper with me next time I fly?
frown.gif
cry.gif
He sits in my lap and is always a good turtle,and will only bite when provoked. Now I'm upset!!

Don't want that in your lap ... unless you what to have a higher voice.
eek.gif

There shouldn't be such a thing as an emotional support animal that you need to follow you around everywhere. If you need one of those you are not mentally stable and need to be in a mental hospital.

The only people who should be allowed support animals are those who have severe disabilities such as blindness or being deaf, where not having the animal would be a risk to their safety. All of the other animals can ride in the compartment below.

Totally agree jeepman3071. Well stated.

And I agree with Dnewton3's initial post as well. This stuff has gone just a bit goofy.

This just was too good of an opportunity to put up a picture of my cat Coco. She is tough, loves hunting, general roughhousing, and plays fetch too. Exactly what dlundblad said about his cat that is tortoise shell as well.

Last edited:
Nikola Tesla had a magical pigeon that communicated with him telepathically. Would it have been considered a support pigeon?

Totally agree jeepman3071. Well stated.

And I agree with Dnewton3's initial post as well. This stuff has gone just a bit goofy.

This just was too good of an opportunity to put up a picture of my cat Coco. She is tough, loves hunting, general roughhousing, and plays fetch too. Exactly what dlundblad said about his cat that is tortoise shell as well.

Is your tortoise shell very protective of you? All the ones I've seen are very protective of their owners and very loyal.

I have observed that when company comes to my place she is just fine. Never gets riled up with anyone who is there. She's very friendly to our guests.

Now... She wants to be the center of attention at all times. In fact she will paw at my face to get my attention if she feels like I'm not giving her enough attention. She's my buddy though. Tough and likes roughhousing.

Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh
http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2018/01/30...ted-flight.html

MY OPINION (and nothing more) is that this is yet another example of our culture's manifestation of "no harm/no fowl" running wild (pun intended!).

I have no problem whatsoever with true "service animals" such as well-trained dogs from a certified facility, assisting the blind. That makes total sense to me. The laws were first put into place so that people with real needs could utilize an animal that truly improved their ambulatory mobility. "Seeing eye dog" was the term back in the day.

But a "emotional support peacock"? That's just hogwash. (another pun intended, as people have tried to get pigs on flights as well).

Well, it's a good thing a mod didn't start a "political thread" here.
smile.gif

But, I agree people abuse the 'service' pet thing.

But you're a (edit- mod) as it is absolutely scientifically validated by multiple studies that animals DO help people with PTSD, or that are elderly and lonely, etc.

So, the peacock should have been allowed?

Sorry, this accommodation of special needs has been abused by pet owners who want to circumvent the rules and bring their pets on board when there is no legitimate disability.

Leave your peacock at home.

Leave your untrained dog at home. You don't have the right to subject your fellow passengers to being urinated on, bitten or experiencing public defecation. Flying is stressful and crowded enough without the entitled pet owners adding to the mix.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: Shannow
Must be a new year...I agree with Nickdfresh on an entire post.

Cheers
cheers3.gif

+1 Yep must be. Twice in week now agreeing with Shannow on a topic. Frequently agree Nickdfresh though, and mincing no words he's SPOT ON here yet again including the very apt description of the OP. So to both,
cheers3.gif
cheers3.gif

I have observed that when company comes to my place she is just fine. Never gets riled up with anyone who is there. She's very friendly to our guests.

Now... She wants to be the center of attention at all times. In fact she will paw at my face to get my attention if she feels like I'm not giving her enough attention. She's my buddy though. Tough and likes roughhousing.

She sounds wonderful!!
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back