Eggs For Lunch

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can go to the Philippines and eat them further developed
I was shocked when my Vietnamese girlfriend ate a couple of unborn ducks from cooked eggs at Vung Tau beach back in 1967. She bought them from a charcoal cart and used a little fork to break them up and remove them from the shell. Me? PASS!

Reactions: 4WD
I've learned alot here from many members, YOU and @atikovi included, that's what makes BITOG great. We have a multitude of personalities that have alot to offer if we are willing to accept different opinions. However, I will admit that I am a little biased because I'm only a member of this particular forum, but I stand firm on my position about the knowledgeable people here, who have educated me on many topics.

If that’s truly the case I hope my cut and posts educates some folks here. I just hate negative, arguemwntative folks. Oops🙊🙊🙊🙈🙈

I eat eggs every morning, but like my fried eggs over medium. Scrambled is alright too. Fried or scrambled in butter always. If I scramble them, I throw in some peppers and onions with sharp cheddar. I cook my eggs with Texas Hot Salt, pepper, with plenty of hot sauce.

Have you had your blood cholesterol level checked recently if that is part of your regular dietary consumption? I mean 3 eggs, butter, coconut oil?

Those are all healthy fats. Fat's don't kill you, that's a myth. Modern diet has it completely backwards, you want to eat healthy fats like butter and olive oil, and absolutely no sugar and reduced carbs.

Sugar spikes insulin, which causes insulin resistance and inflammation and bad cholesterol. That leads to plugged arteries and heart disease.

You only need to plot the massive increase of sugar and reduction of healthy fats (starting from the 70's/80's, over top of the increase of heart disease and cancer to discover that both lines on the chart follow eachother.

This is all over the internet by now if you care to look into it, example:

I usually eat eggs 3-4 times a week, usually 3 scrambled or as an omelette. Last week I cracked the third egg into a bowl to scramble and it had been fertilized. The embryo was attached to the yoke and the white was tinted red with blood. Needless to say, after a world record dry heave, the eggs went down the drain and I was off eggs for life or at least until the next morning when I made myself a french style omelette.

And you about his money.
images

I usually eat eggs 3-4 times a week, usually 3 scrambled or as an omelette. Last week I cracked the third egg into a bowl to scramble and it had been fertilized. The embryo was attached to the yoke and the white was tinted red with blood. Needless to say, after a world record dry heave, the eggs went down the drain and I was off eggs for life or at least until the next morning when I made myself a french style omelette.

In 40 years of eating lots of eggs, I've never seen that.
I got a double yolk egg about a month ago, and that was just about the only time I'd seen that.

but I still think eating eggs is weird. An undeveloped chicken.
To a large degreee, I feel the same way. Since reading a few books on cooking chemistry, I've settled on eggs being units of protien which either hold ingredients together wet or tighten things up when cooked. Also, the acid in them activates baking soda.
the third egg into a bowl to scramble and it had been fertilized.
I add the step of cracking eggs into a separate bowl for inspection. A bad egg can waste other ingredients (I know you all know this)

Last edited:
In 40 years of eating lots of eggs, I've never seen that.
I got a double yolk egg about a month ago, and that was just about the only time I'd seen that.
I've had it happen twice including the most reent. The first time there was no blood just a thing about 1/2" long. Nasty!

I add the step of cracking eggs into a separate bowl for inspection. A bad egg can waste other ingredients (I know you all know this)

I ate raw eggs for years, and would always break the eggs open into a small dish for inspection before adding them to my smoothie.
They say about 1 in every 30,000 factory farmed eggs contains salmonella.
That number would be less for higher quality free range eggs.

Last week I cracked the third egg into a bowl to scramble and it had been fertilized. The embryo was attached to the yoke and the white was tinted red with blood.
Are you buying grocery store eggs or from a farmer ? If they're mass-produced, factory laid eggs, it's just not possible that it was fertilized. There's no males around to fertilize them.

I’m grossed out by sunny side up eggs and don’t eat them. I can eat scrambled eggs, but I still think eating eggs is weird. An undeveloped chicken.
I know, right?? It just grosses me out every time I see someone eat pumpkin seeds! And don't even get me started on all the bags of almonds and pecans I see when I shop at Costco! All those seeds and nuts were tress and plants, that now will never be. 🤔 :sneaky::sneaky:

Last edited:
Are you buying grocery store eggs or from a farmer ? If they're mass-produced, factory laid eggs, it's just not possible that it was fertilized. There's no males around to fertilize them.
I've never had a problem with name brand eggs from supermarkets. This has only happened with a local grocery delivery service that claim the eggs are from small farms and the chickens are "open pasture raised" whatever that means.

That's what eating 3 to 4 eggs per day for 90 days did for my cholesterol levels. Confirmed by my MD.
Choline emulsifies blood lipids and helps lower cholesterol.

View attachment 135496
This isn't how the body works and choline is turned into TMAO in our body which causes inflammation and increases clotting and stroke/MI risk. Higher choline intake alone has also been associated with increase cancer risk, especially prostate cancer.

If, for some reason, you did want choline then eating ~1 cup of soy or ~1.25 cups of kidney beans would contain about as much as 3 eggs while offering more protein and phytonutrients.

Eggs have been shown to raise cholesterol as have all meats and meat products. Time after time in every well designed study going back 70+ years.

This is why the egg/butter/meat industries compare their eggs/butter/meat to other meats. That way they can have a headline say, in this case, "eggs don't raise cholesterol" (...any more than say a sausage mcmuffin bc the studycompared eggs and a mcmuffin rather than compare say eggs and tofu or beans)

I'm not a vegan. Not trying to preachy. After watching so many people in my life suffer cardiac/health issues and then hearing so much false info from people and doctors when we have such a wealth of great data available I make it a point to mention this.

Eggs look good, though.

Last edited:
Those are all healthy fats. Fat's don't kill you, that's a myth. Modern diet has it completely backwards, you want to eat healthy fats like butter and olive oil, and absolutely no sugar and reduced carbs.

Sugar spikes insulin, which causes insulin resistance and inflammation and bad cholesterol. That leads to plugged arteries and heart disease.

You only need to plot the massive increase of sugar and reduction of healthy fats (starting from the 70's/80's, over top of the increase of heart disease and cancer to discover that both lines on the chart follow eachother.

This is all over the internet by now if you care to look into it, example:
Fats create insulin resistance. This has been well documented for decades.

This is why you get a much larger insulin spike after eating meat with your mashed potatoes than just mashed potatoes alone.

Whole plant foods contain healthy fats. Meat, dairy, and eggs contain an excess of the inflammatory or "unhealthy " fats.

Last edited:
ALWAYS eat eggs for lunch as its my first of 2 daily meals + unlike mainstream misinformation SATURATED fat is HEALTHY but oxidized seed oils -vegetable oils NOT + without cholesterol you would die + according to DR William Davis cardiologist most important is tryglycerides aka fats in your blood from CARBOHYDRATES +most important test rarely used is an NMR Lipo profile test to determine particle size + count!!

Fats create insulin resistance. This has been well documented for decades.

This is why you get a much larger insulin spike after eating meat with your mashed potatoes than just mashed potatoes alone.

Whole plant foods contain healthy fats. Meat, dairy, and eggs contain an excess of the inflammatory or "unhealthy " fats.

I monitor my blood sugar levels, sugar and carbs spike it highest, followed by protein, and fats have barely any movement.

You should research this, all kinds of charts and data out there showing the effect of macros on your glucose.

ALWAYS eat eggs for lunch as its my first of 2 daily meals + unlike mainstream misinformation SATURATED fat is HEALTHY but oxidized seed oils -vegetable oils NOT + without cholesterol you would die + according to DR William Davis cardiologist most important is tryglycerides aka fats in your blood from CARBOHYDRATES +most important test rarely used is an NMR Lipo profile test to determine particle size

I monitor my blood sugar levels, sugar and carbs spike it highest, followed by protein, and fats have barely any movement.

You should research this, all kinds of charts and data out there showing the effect of macros on your glucose.

Difference between glucose and insulin spikes.

There are studies which give control groups and diabetics carbs and then carbs with fats (usually animal fats or meat). Insulin spikes much higher when the saturated fats are present and saturated fat impairs pancreatic beta cells function; the cells responsible for insulin production.

All meat diets (carnivore diets) can by themselves lead to a fasting glucose in the pre-diabetic or diabetic range in people who were not previously diabetic. Shawn Baker (all meat advocate), for instance, has shared his blood work while on the carnivore diet and his fasting glucose was right at the low end of "diabetic" despite never eating carbs. Reason is that all of our cells and our brain need glucose so our body produces it. Glucose + high dietary fat = insulin resistance

When a T2 diabetic monitors their blood sugars they are measuring only glucose and not the metabolic health or insulin. Diabetes is characterized by defects in insulin action and secretion. IE, high glucose is a symptom and not a disease itself.

For this reason, some low carb diets can seem to lower blood glucose which many falsely interpret as improving or managing T2 diabetes. However, diets rich in whole plant foods actually improve the disease itself as the workload on the beta cells in the pancreas is reduced, lower dietary fats help to reverse some of the intramyocellular lipids, and the fiber in those foods leads to a more gentle insulin response and usually with less insulin needed.

Over years, excess dietary saturated fats accumulate within muscle tissues (intramyocellular lipids) which then block glucose transport creating high blood glucose. By the time a person has this metabolic issue the liver will have been pumping out excess glucose for years and the pancreatic cells will have been working overtime to release insulin. At some point, the pancreas essentially burns out at which point a person is T2 diabetic.

We can follow cohorts or do observational studies on groups/populations and see the clear trend. More animal products/ saturated fat = more likely to be diabetic.

Interventional studies also show improvement on lower fat higher plant food diets.

Simple carbs/processed carbs + saturated fat is a deadly combo which leads to diabetes over the long term.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back