EcoGard S195 Synthetic, Differences!

So I got in on the EcoGard (Premium Guard made) Amazon deal like many here. However when my filters came (properly boxed btw) they were not the same as others posted here so I thought I would share with the BITOG collective. This is a 3600/FL-400s equivalent.

First of all, they are green! I am thrilled. They are glossy paint, not the textured I got on my branded PG filter, and I think others got on their EcoGards. Anyway they fit and match both my Mustang and my John Deere so I have reached the pinnacle of filter nerd! Hah!

Then I noticed the base plate was different. Honestly it looks a lot like a Fram base plate and not the other PG filters I’ve seen. The bezel is Fram style, there are 8 inlet holes typical of PG but they are more oval than PG round (Fram like). The silicone ADBV is also the faded orange color not the bright red typical of PG. The base plate gasket is nitrile also, not the silicone I expected. 😟. Lots of holes in the center tube though.

Microscopic print on the filter itself says China. Built November 22. Bottom of the box says IPC Global Solutions not Premium Guard. Odd?

Overall pleased with the heftiness and apparent quality I may order some more. I am conflicted on sacrificing a virgin or not, but I do wonder if there are any internal differences as well.

IMG_0713.jpeg

IMG_0714.jpeg

IMG_0715.jpeg

IMG_0716.jpeg

IMG_0717.jpeg

IMG_0718.jpeg

IMG_0719.jpeg

IMG_0720.jpeg

IMG_0721.jpeg

Also not leak tested, and has a black nitrile base gasket instead of silicone. What does the MircoGard Select look like?

So I got in on the EcoGard (Premium Guard made) Amazon deal like many here. However when my filters came (properly boxed btw) they were not the same as others posted here so I thought I would share with the BITOG collective. This is a 3600/FL-400s equivalent.

AFAIK the newer versions have the black finish and silicone gasket and your version , the old one, has been the
way they built them since they were introduced.

Also not leak tested, and has a black nitrile base gasket instead of silicone. What does the MircoGard Select look like?
I mentioned the gasket, that surprised me a bit. The "leak tested" was not on my actual Premium Guard branded filter either, but they seem to put it on all of their house brands, my CarQuest filter has it for example. 🤷‍♂️

I'm not aware of any wire backed Premium Guard made filters. It is a synthetic blend media, I don't recall ever seeing one posted with any issues.

I paid $6.37 each for these delivered, pretty good deal.
It would cost too much to ship but if you were close by I'd give you the take off silicone gasket from mine if it fits. The sacrificed one

I mentioned the gasket, that surprised me a bit. The "leak tested" was not on my actual Premium Guard branded filter either, but they seem to put it on all of their house brands, my CarQuest filter has it for example. 🤷‍♂️
I've put thousands of ecogard filters on vehicles and only once did I have a leak and it was an old stock filter that sat on a shelf for years, gasket blew out on startup.

Mine says leak tested but it's almost impossible to see it.
I suspect your model hasn't been updated yet is all.

It would cost too much to ship but if you were close by I'd give you the take off silicone gasket from mine if it fits. The sacrificed one
One should never mess with the integrity of a pristine OG EcoGard.

Seriously it probably wouldn’t work, I believe there are tiny differences in the gaskets between the two sizes even though the filters are considered interchangeable.

I'm not aware of any wire backed Premium Guard made filters. It is a synthetic blend media, I don't recall ever seeing one posted with any issues.

I paid $6.37 each for these delivered, pretty good deal.
TruTrans is now about $10 and Amazon is nearly $12...I think $11.64...
Yikes...
Now if I shop hard I can get a RP for $12...

First of all, they are green! I am thrilled. They are glossy paint, not the textured I got on my branded PG filter, and I think others got on their EcoGards. Anyway they fit and match both my Mustang and my John Deere so I have reached the pinnacle of filter nerd! Hah!

Then I noticed the base plate was different. Honestly it looks a lot like a Fram base plate and not the other PG filters I’ve seen. The bezel is Fram style, there are 8 inlet holes typical of PG but they are more oval than PG round (Fram like). The silicone ADBV is also the faded orange color not the bright red typical of PG. The base plate gasket is nitrile also, not the silicone I expected. 😟. Lots of holes in the center tube though.

Microscopic print on the filter itself says China. Built November 22. Bottom of the box says IPC Global Solutions not Premium Guard. Odd?

Overall pleased with the heftiness and apparent quality I may order some more. I am conflicted on sacrificing a virgin or not, but I do wonder if there are any internal differences as well.

View attachment 211002

View attachment 211003

View attachment 211004

View attachment 211005

View attachment 211006

View attachment 211007

View attachment 211008

View attachment 211009

View attachment 211010
The goods from overseas

Back