ECOGARD brand

I saw the X4612 on my Amazon for 2.11 ea. Was going to give it a try.

You might want to opt for the 4610 as it is much taller.. Both the 4612 and 4610 fit my Acura so I don't know why it wouldn't fit yours unless there is a very small space for the filter on your Nissan ?

You might want to opt for the 4610 as it is much taller.. Both the 4612 and 4610 fit my Acura so I don't know why it wouldn't fit yours unless there is a very small space for the filter on your Nissan ?
The Rogue has a side mounted filter with a fair amount of space for a "longer" filter. Would I have any benefit in using the longer filter? I don't plan to run an extended oil change interval if it was for the extra filtering capacity.

Would I have any benefit in using the longer filter?

I would guess that you would with much more material filtering.. you just have to possibly inquire if it is a for sure fit.. but I really don't see how it would not fit with both showing for my Acura.. What would block the 4610 on yours but not on mine ??

Here is the 4612.. that purolator 4610 is probaby almost the same as the ecogard 4610.

71nLvUa1s8L.jpg

Screenshot 2023-09-24 1.39.17 PM.png

The Rogue has a side mounted filter with a fair amount of space for a "longer" filter. Would I have any benefit in using the longer filter? I don't plan to run an extended oil change interval if it was for the extra filtering capacity.
Nothing unless it had a higher efficiency rating at 20 microns.

I would guess that you would with much more material filtering.. you just have to possibly inquire if it is a for sure fit.. but I really don't see how it would not fit with both showing for my Acura.. What would block the 4610 on yours but not on mine ??

Here is the 4612.. that purolator 4610 is probaby almost the same as the ecogard 4610.

71nLvUa1s8L.jpg

View attachment 180353
There is plenty of space for that length of filter. I know those elements are small as lawn mower filters, its surprising an automotive filter could be that small.

The 4610 size offers more surface to grab onto when you install/remove it. Other than that, the additional filter surface area of the 4610 is probably only necessary if your engine creates a lot of soot/gunk or you run really long OCIs. I have run both sizes on my Odyssey for 5k OCI and both worked well. But i generally stick to the longer filter because it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling..

And I just bought a few X4610s for the Honda. They seem to be built well and the walmart sale price was outstanding!

Last edited:
The 4610 size offers more surface to grab onto when you install/remove it. Other than that, the additional filter surface area of the 4610 is probably only necessary if your engine creates a lot of soot/gunk or you run really long OCIs. I have run both sizes on my Odyssey for 5k OCI and both worked well. But i generally stick to the longer filter because it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling..
thank you for that input.

I just bought 2 of the 4612's from Walmart for my Rogue and Altima. Recently purchased the smallest diameter band wrench available as well and it works wonders on the small Nissan/Honda filters.
just ordered (12) 4612's from amazon @ 2.11 per filter since both the Rogue and my wife's Sentra use the same filter. In my area there's a discount store called ollie's they have all sorts of stuff on closeout pricing and I picked up an aluminum cup socket that fits Mazda, Nissan and Toyota filters very nicely just keep forgetting to use it only paid 1.99. I'm always grabbing the 3-finger filter claw or the filter pliers.

if you're interested in the cup socket made by plews lubrimatic model 70-781.

I have used them in the past.
At the $2.xx price, a decent everyday filter equal to most other basic filters.
I just bought a few x195 size filters for my kids Scions (it is equal to the larger Fram 3600 size filter).
No worries using them for the 5,000 mile interval I do on both of them.

I have used them in the past.
At the $2.xx price, a decent everyday filter equal to most other basic filters.
I just bought a few x195 size filters for my kids Scions (it is equal to the larger Fram 3600 size filter).
No worries using them for the 5,000 mile interval I do on both of them.
They won’t be seeing 5,000 miles but they’ll be in service for 6 months.

Back