Early oil change proponent

I've never done an " early " oil change and have never owned an oil burner . Most people here seem to favor it though . It's a feel good thing .

I agree, for us BITOG group this is good. 1-2% of the vehicle owners. I subscribe to a early oil change. (~1000 miles)
But recognize that the 10,000 mile OCI recommended by Toyota, and no early oil change will take this vehicle to 180,000 miles with 17 oil/filter changes.
That will make 98% of the owners happy.
The Car Care Nut has a video, about this time where the engine is showing problems and burning oil. Many people are happy with this 180,000 miles and move on with life.

17 changes at $40 = $680
35 changes at $40 = $1400
BITOG person = Amsoil or HPL + premium filter 40 changes at $105 and 5+ UOA at $30 and both will make it to the junkyard probably at at similar time because something else takes the car out (accident, CVT failure, etc.) = $4350

Some would rather use that extra money and time and put it towards something else. I respect that. I wish I could be more like a regular person.

I do an early change on everythingoil lubed component then go to the recommended maintenance schedual. Running a syn oil the engine oil change interval is once a year oil changed whether it needs it it or not. Been doing that since the early 1970s.

I've never done an " early " oil change and have never owned an oil burner . Most people here seem to favor it though . It's a feel good thing .
Whats the longest you have owned a car you purchased new?

I would tend to agree that its likely not the end all be all - but I do the early change, and I do believe it has a benefit - however marginal it might be? My 393K Xterra got an early change and still burns no oil, however that engine is not known to burn oil in general either.

I can’t believe he poured a new quart of oil through it and said that he’s flushing it out. Oh well, it’s his money. 😉🍻

I can’t believe he poured a new quart of oil through it and said that he’s flushing it out. Oh well, it’s his money. 😉🍻

Years ago some well known Corvette owner was known do this "final flush" at every change. I'm actually disappointed that Lake Speed thinks this has any merit at all. It's just silly.

Whats the longest you have owned a car you purchased new?

I would tend to agree that its likely not the end all be all - but I do the early change, and I do believe it has a benefit - however marginal it might be? My 393K Xterra got an early change and still burns no oil, however that engine is not known to burn oil in general either.
The longest was about 200k . OCI's of around 5-7k . The problem is , I doubt that there is any scientific data to prove it one way or the other . People say " This is what I do .." . Whatever helps you sleep better at night is what you need to do .

Back