Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course the picture in the article is of Carlin Dunne
frown.gif

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Originally Posted by Reddy45
Strip out the Italian aspects...

No wonder it didn't sell well.

The Honda Africa Twin (new version) stole the thunder for "large ADV bike". I'd still like to own a VFR1200X some day.

Originally Posted by bdcardinal
frown.gif

I noticed that, and debated posting this. My sincerest condolences on the untimely loss of your friend.

Originally Posted by Kawiguy454
seriously, spoked wheels...
confused2.gif

Wire spoke wheels are more tolerant of abuse in an off-road situation.

Originally Posted by Reddy45
Strip out the Italian aspects, and Honda already did this and it didn't sell very well.

https://powersports.honda.com/street/adventure/vfr1200x

I rode a VFR1200x. It was softly suspended, down on power, and overweight compared to the V-twin Multistrada. But it would make a nice streetbike, or smooth dirt road bike. This new V4 Multistrada will be even more powerful, and a more sporting chassis than the VFR1200x.

In the larger ADV bike category, the perennial BMW Boxer GS is hard to beat. And the Multistrada is a more sporting alternative.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 02SE
Originally Posted by bdcardinal
frown.gif

I noticed that, and debated posting this. My sincerest condolences on the untimely loss of your friend.

I am happy you posted. He is being remembered for what he was known for. Went to his service Saturday and it was really nice, very packed church.

I have never been interested in owning or riding a motorcycle. I promised my mom I wouldn't years ago, my dad (who bailed when I was 3) was hurt in an accident with my half brother and it freaked her out. If I did ride I would have wanted a Ducati even knowing all the extra work required to keep them happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back