The MoCo - Many carry over models went down or stayed nominally the same Price.

For instance the Nightsters went down ~$1500.00 all things considered.

Grey is the new black (you pay for black)

Appears that the Street Glide and Road Glide are getting changes (Possible the new fairings which is bad in my opinion)

Pan America Standard is a bit of a question mark. (it has been suggested that its the third model in the teaser picture on HarleyDavidson.com, but it has also been suggested it is a Bronx)

Not sure i'm loving the new colors. Ive actually seen some of them and Sharkskin blue is nice, Red Rock the jury is still out on, under indoor light it looks very lipstick color, and nice sensible business attire lipstick, not nightclub bright red lipstick.

Any how...

Sales are slowing down across many things so far in the last year. Dropping or not raising the price would be required. Is there really any bad color on a Motorcycle? I think bikes are probably a vehicle that can get away with just about any color but we have our preferences I suppose.

Sales are slowing down across many things so far in the last year. Dropping or not raising the price would be required.

Yes, as suggested by some you toobers it seems as if Indian outsold Harley in the middleweight catagory, which i suppose is unsurprising since there are like 142 versions of the Scout and 3 of the new Sportster. IMO they need to aggressively price and expand that line.

Is there really any bad color on a Motorcycle? I think bikes are probably a vehicle that can get away with just about any color but we have our preferences I suppose.

There is. It is a luxury / elective purchase it needs to be attractive, especially from the Motor Company who historically has fantastic paint. If i wanted average paint in average colors (Mauve Rocks for instance) I'd buy a Kawasaki.

I predict Grey and Black are huge sellers this year.

Yes, as suggested by some you toobers it seems as if Indian outsold Harley in the middleweight catagory, which i suppose is unsurprising since there are like 142 versions of the Scout and 3 of the new Sportster. IMO they need to aggressively price and expand that line.
There is. It is a luxury / elective purchase it needs to be attractive, especially from the Motor Company who historically has fantastic paint. If i wanted average paint in average colors (Mauve Rocks for instance) I'd buy a Kawasaki.

I predict Grey and Black are huge sellers this year.
Ever since I heard they were bringing back the Indian brand I was excited. Harley & others need competition so it'll benefit us consumers. I've seen a lot of these Indians out & about. I think they've finally got to a point of better body styling. I suppose I've just not seen any "Bad colors" on any new bikes & most factory options are probably going to be reasonable in their color options. Gray is close enough to satisfy the black color buyer I suppose that wants to save money if it costs more. I don't know anything about HD though since I've always bought Kawasaki's. Several years ago I test drove a road king though but the dealer just wanted too much for it. I'm not their buyer I guess.

MSRP $40k LOL
indian-my24-6e3d-pursuit-elite-features-02-lg.jpg

indian-my24-6e3d-pursuit-elite-features-09-lg.jpg

Goldwings start at 27,000, auto trans, 4 valves per cylinder, and easier to maintain, most of us only ride maybe 4,000 miles a year,,,go figure...just buy a used one whether its a Honda or a Harley....motorcyles have gone off the charts cost wise on new stuff....but hasnt everything...lol

My wife and I came really close to buying a new 2016 Indian Roadmaster and I'm glad that we didn't. We were riding a 1998 Electra Glide at the time and it was outdated even back then but it did have the last year of the evo engine and although not big on power it had charm.

New bikes are amazing but I have found that I have more fun wrenching on and riding old bikes.

Little more info,

Technically the bikes seem to be a step forward, not a fan of the colors or the styling changes (i don't absolutely hate the Street Glide)

CVO ST is cheaper than i expected, but id rather have just a regular ST which is discontinued.

Back