Dry January

I never had any real love for the EtOH but I did appreciate a well made beer. That said looking at my liver and contemplating life I just stopped at some point last year.

Way way better now

The two shots of champagne we all do NYE is 99% of my drinking for the year

For me, it's more of a dry 11 months, kinda the other way around 🤷‍♂️

I just checked a 6 pack of Heineken that's been languishing in the basement fridge
...it expired in 2018 👀

But it's a sound concept for those trying to cut back
If it pulls someone back from the brink of it being a problem, who's gonna complain about that 🤔

Slightly OT: if someone respectfully declines a drink at the function, DO NOT ASK ANY FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS
God it's cringeworthy and embarrassing to see/hear that play out two tables over
Move it along, no need to dwell on why

Last edited:
I never could understand drinking for sport. I hated the peer pressure in school.

Yep, that’s why I stayed away from alcohol and people who thought they needed it to have a good time.

Ive seen a few people who destroyed their life abusing alcohol.

So glad I grew up in a household where alcohol wasn't even a thing other than used for cleaning. Never have tried it. I do have a few alcoholics in my family and have had to work with a few of them over the years. The few I worked with, that was absolute hell. No thanks.

I've been diabetic for 4 years, I cut out beers and will only have bourbon, gin, vodka when I want a bit of buzz. I was never a big drinker,

Anyone considering a Dry January? It's worth considering if you think you might have over indulged during the holidays.

Article in the news said if you can't do a Dry January maybe go for a Damp January.

Try giving up drinking for a month, you might just find that drinking is overrated.
I was a daily heavy drinker for most of my teens, 20s, and 30s. Quit cold turkey when I was diagnosed with lymphoma at 41. Drank 0 for almost 3 years. Recently had a few last month. I drink when I want and feel no need to signal how virtuous I am through silly social media trends.

IMG_1286.jpeg

Cheers! 🍻

I’m not a big drinker anymore. It is not uncommon for me to go a month or several without a drink. I’m very active. And I can notice a big difference in my physical and mental performance when I drink alcohol. I just choose to stay off it.

Back