Downsides of an exotic daily

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Yah-Tah-Hey
Originally Posted by Skippy722
Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
I always get a laugh out of exotics in bumper to bumper traffic. What a waste of a car!
lol.gif

Idk... I'd rather be in an Aston Martin or Bentley while stuck in traffic over say a Toyota Camry.

Why?

Do you really want to compare an exotic/luxury vehicle to the very definition of soul sucking appliance on 4 wheels? Because a Camry is just that, a soul sucking appliance on 4 wheels.

"But you drive a minivan and a v6 300!"
Yes, but the van is for hauling kids and the 300 isn't wrong wheel drive. It doesn't inspire anything in me except "meh."

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Yah-Tah-Hey
Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
I always get a laugh out of exotics in bumper to bumper traffic. What a waste of a car!
lol.gif

Idk... I'd rather be in an Aston Martin or Bentley while stuck in traffic over say a Toyota Camry.

Why?

Because I think Toyota Camry's are the epitome of soul sucking, bore you to death appliances.

"But you drive a minivan and a v6 300!"
Yes, but the van is for hauling kids and the 300 isn't wrong wheel drive. It doesn't inspire anything in me except "meh."

I used to be a rwd fanatic. Then awd came into my life, and I was sad, because it severely limits the playing field.

Originally Posted by Ws6

I used to be a rwd fanatic. Then awd came into my life, and I was sad, because it severely limits the playing field.

I also love AWD, just not FWD till it starts to slip AWD... seems like the newer systems have solved that problem though. Mazda has replaced Subaru on my shortlist to replace the 300.... not that that's happening anytime soon, I just like car shopping lol

Originally Posted by Ws6

I also love AWD, just not FWD till it starts to slip AWD... seems like the newer systems have solved that problem though. Mazda has replaced Subaru on my shortlist to replace the 300.... not that that's happening anytime soon, I just like car shopping lol

My last vehicle was a JGC that drove the tires 52/48%. My mazda slips less than it does. They've definitely solved it.

Originally Posted by Linctex
The "luxury sedan" market is SWAMPED.
Oh...... I understand why Bugatti had to make a 17 million dollar Bugatti to attract the rich billionaires. The old $4 million Bugatti is relegated to the back lot...... where the chump-change millionaires hang-out.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Win
Originally Posted by avacado11
.... Does anybody else on here who owns something exotic feel the same way? ...

Is this a slow day troll post?

it's a $65-75K car brand new, this afternoon.

I'm sure it's a fine car, but this is mid priced, garden variety, Euro to me. This is now exotic?

Like stated on earlier an earlier post, depends on location. You may see Maseratis left and right in NYC, LA, DFW, but up in Central NY these are up there with Ferrari(there's like 1 ferrari running around here, and 1 Lamborghini). Ok the car isn't exotic like a Ferrari from a general viewpoint, but when people see Maseratis here they have the same facial expression as if a Bugatti drove past.

Originally Posted by Bud
vwmaniaman said:
...... my 71 MGB an exotic. When I drop the top and cruise around the kids holler, cool car.
When the school bus catches up to me, as I featherfoot my Hyundai Elantra, the kids, familiar with my car, shout, "Oh, no! We'll never get home, now!"

Originally Posted by 02SE

I don't advertise my toys to thieves. I live in a lightly traveled neighborhood where most houses are set back from the road, and lots of properties have gates. So there aren't a lot of people ostensibly selling door-to-door (or more likely casing the neighborhood) as they simply can't get to the front door of a house without hopping a fence. If I notice a vehicle following me that I don't recognize as a neighbor, I'll drive past my driveway and around my neighborhood until the car stops following. This isn't just paranoia, as a couple neighbors have been followed (they recalled being followed by a car they didn't recognize when asked by police) and had vehicles stolen some short time later.

I live in the suburbs right out of the city. On one of the main streets that lead thru the neighborhood, so there's slightly more traffic that comes thru. Sadly my driveway doesn't wrap around back or is set behind some trees. The garage is usually closed but if you drove past at the right time you'd see it.

I did have this car follow a few weeks ago though. I caught on, took a few turns to throw them off, then floored it to see if they really wanted to follow me lol. But just these past few years there's been a few break-ins 2 streets over so I'm weary. New camera system installed and stocked up on some firepower in the house.

Originally Posted by Win
.... Does anybody else on here who owns something exotic feel the same way? ...

Is this a slow day troll post?

it's a $65-75K car brand new, this afternoon.

I'm sure it's a fine car, but this is mid priced, garden variety, Euro to me. This is now exotic?

Like stated on earlier an earlier post, depends on location. You may see Maseratis left and right in NYC, LA, DFW, but up in Central NY these are up there with Ferrari(there's like 1 ferrari running around here, and 1 Lamborghini). Ok the car isn't exotic like a Ferrari from a general viewpoint, but when people see Maseratis here they have the same facial expression as if a Bugatti drove past.

Yeah, my Mercedes kinda blends in. Certain streets, that's all you see, BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Lexus, Range Rover, etc. Sometimes that's what you see at the gym! I see Maserati occasionally, but they kind of blend in. I bought the Mercedes to drive and enjoy, it's much nicer than my last car and it's fun to play with all the options. Don't really care what other people think so it's actually kinda annoying sometimes when people stare or give compliments, I just learned to just say thanks and leave it at that.

Heh I don't know if I am posting in a troll thread or what. But those old 4 door maserati's are not exactly what I would call an "exotic". I see them semi often around here and there is one banged up one driven what looks like a 16 year old kid in town.

Anyone remember the K-Car maserati? Now that was an exotic
lol.gif

1280px-1990_Chrysler_TC_By_Maserati.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted by CrAlt
Heh I don't know if I am posting in a troll thread or what. But those old 4 door maserati's are not exactly what I would call an "exotic". I see them semi often around here and there is one banged up one driven what looks like a 16 year old kid in town.

lol.gif

I would absolutely love one of those.

I would hope some here would quit referring to a Car Collection as "Toys" - it really makes me vomit !

I'm on my second keyboard now !

Please refrain.

...and one is a turd to drive while the other would be quite pleasant.
Emulation may be the most sincere form of flattery, but looks only take you so far.
One is reminded of those old Ford ads in which they tried seriously to compare the cheaply designed and built Granada with the W115 and even the Series III XJ-6.

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
I would hope some here would quit referring to a Car Collection as "Toys" - it really makes me vomit !

I'm on my second keyboard now !

Please refrain.

But what if they are?
laugh.gif

Seriously, I am probably guilty of this, but I believe some folks use the term to differentiate certain vehicles from their DD's. At least that is my excuse.

Last edited:
We like our toys, and that's exactly what they are. When we were kids our toys were our favorite things. Now we have better toys...

Originally Posted by CrAlt

lol.gif

Planes Trains and Automobiles car, or was that just a regular K car.

These.. I have a hard time liking these. The few I see look so beat up I can only look away.

[Linked Image]

I would also say.. almost any exotic I can think of, really is more of a "toy." For the very very few that probably could drive an exotic every day. I know most people that do this stop after a couple of weeks, it is pretty much an adult weekend toy, and if you have more, then more power to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back