Don't buy a new 2019 Jetta!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Are there any drivability concerns or is it just noise?

Just noise as of now. Someone had their transmission sent over to Germany to have it examined by VW Germany. Someone else had the pan dropped or had the transmission apart and it was full of metal glitter. Not sure if it was related to the noise or something else.

The early ZF 6HP had what VW called a "hooting." It was a noise the TC made when it locked up. The fix was a new blue fluid (ZF Lifeguard 6 Plus) and a TCM flash.

Originally Posted by NO2
All the more reason to stick with an MT.

And join the 3-5% of new car buyers who buy MTs. How can 95% of buyers be so dumb?
wink.gif

The early ZF 6HP had what VW called a "hooting." It was a noise the TC made when it locked up. The fix was a new blue fluid (ZF Lifeguard 6 Plus) and a TCM flash.

I truly hope its something this simple. Although the person with shavings in their transmission would probably disagree.

Originally Posted by gregk24

I truly hope its something this simple. Although the person with shavings in their transmission would probably disagree.

Do you have a link? I'm interested to follow this.

Here's another reason why I stay away from the first year or any new platform, brand new from the ground up, redesign, etc. I like to hear what the early adopters say after they do the testing and report the good the bad and the ugly. The water is usually safe about two years after the release.

Originally Posted by demarpaint
Here's another reason why I stay away from the first year or any new platform, brand new from the ground up, redesign, etc. I like to hear what the early adopters say after they do the testing and report the good the bad and the ugly. The water is usually safe about two years after the release.

Yes, I am the same way. However, her lease was up and she needed to get into something new. I will say, the car is quite nice. Very quite, SUPERB gas milage, lots of features for the money, very comfortable, spacious, list could go on.

Originally Posted by gregk24

Do you have a link? I'm interested to follow this.

Surely you are over at VW Vortex.

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthr...p;p=112536891&posted=1#post112536891

I don't know how VW and Chrysler are still in business....nothing but junk across their entire line up. Why buy from them when there are so many other brands with solid engineering and quality?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Chris B.
I don't know how VW and Chrysler are still in business....nothing but junk across their entire line up. Why buy from them when there are so many other brands with solid engineering and quality?

Good question. Friend bought a Jetta two years ago. Windows don't go up properly. I'd buy American before a VW.

Originally Posted by Leo99

Good question. Friend bought a Jetta two years ago. Windows don't go up properly. I'd buy American before a VW.

Yup. Several of my coworkers and friends have VW's and every single one has different problems with them.

I'd wait until new models mature so at least they can work out the bugs.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Kibitoshin

Like when you think you're safe buying a 2017 Corolla and then they have a campaign for 2014-2017 CVT reprogramming/update/checkover. I guess my only benefit was I would've 90k+ miles and only had 25k when I got notice...

Originally Posted by HowAboutThis
Originally Posted by Kibitoshin

Like when you think you're safe buying a 2017 Corolla and then they have a campaign for 2014-2017 CVT reprogramming/update/checkover. I guess my only benefit was I would've 90k+ miles and only had 25k when I got notice...

True, and that happens from time to time, but waiting usually helps to avoid that.

Originally Posted by Leo99

Yup. Several of my coworkers and friends have VW's and every single one has different problems with them.

I would say the vast majority of VW owners are happy with their purchase. I know we are. VW tend to get a bad rap on this site, especially from people who don't own one.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Shocked that this company still stands alone and was never bought-out. Been producing subpar vehicles now for many decades.

Triple-Se7en, VW bought out a lot of auto makers, look it up.

In reality, some people come here wanting to know the best oil for a TOYOTA!
Worrying about the best oil for a vehicle known to last 300K + on cheap dino.
The mention of VW to such a person gets you the bashing we see in most every VW topic on this board.

Originally Posted by skyactiv

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Shocked that this company still stands alone and was never bought-out. Been producing subpar vehicles now for many decades.

Triple-Se7en, VW bought out a lot of auto makers, look it up.

Naw, I'll help him out. From the top of my head, you have:
VW
Audi
Porsche
Bentley
Bugatti
Lamborghini
Skoda
Seat
Ducati
MAN
and Scania.

Did I forget any? V.A.G. is the largest auto group in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back