Dollar Tree Yesterday

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
At the checkout line next to mine. A 40 year old woman with two teenage girls is short $15 and asks if they take a check and the cashier says no..
The elderly lady behind her offers to give her $15 and it's accepted.

The lady leaves the store and is parked up front and hops into a new Lincoln Navigator.

The older lady that coughed up the $15 sees what I see and she yells out how she got fleeced....☺️☺️

I guess she assumed they were poor...

At the checkout line next to mine. A 40 year old woman with two teenage girls is short $15 and asks if they take a check and the cashier says no..

The lady leaves the store and is parked up front and hops into a new Lincoln Navigator.

The older lady that coughed up the $15 sees what I see and she yells out how she got fleeced....☺️☺️

That reminds me of that Two and a Half Men, where Charlie's brother is smart. He plans ahead. He did the pre-check in for CA DMV and is gloating as he will be called soon. He's not waiting hours like the other s******.

A very attractive woman says her baby's in the car. The brother is troubled, but finally gives up his place in line because the pretty woman's baby is in her car. A biker dude shows up to wait with her, his nickname is Baby.

There are still good people in this world that will help. Sucks when they get fleeced for sure.

I was at the grocery store a couple years ago. Bought about $50 worth of groceries. My credit card was not working for some reason, most likely their reader. Lady behind me just told the cashier to put my groceries on her bill.

I thanked the lady and just pulled a $100 bill from my wallet and paid. Normally use my card for the 2% cash back.

What's the assumption here ? She didn't have enough cash. That's it.... If anyone thinks differently, enjoy being judgemental.
Being judgmental is fun! Let's make some observations...

#1, she is evidently very bad at math if she's not able to browse in a store with generally low-cost goods and still winds up with $15 more in stuff than she has cash. Math isn't hard and prices are on the shelves.

#2, evidently the basic idea of "I have more stuff than I can afford, I should put back what I can't afford" either didn't occur, or ranked lower in the priority list in taking $15 off an old lady who is more than likely fixed-income Social Security (and isn't driving a $100k SUV).

#3, she has low cash, a check book, but no debit or credit card, or Apple/Google pay on her phone? In 1994, sure; 2024...?

#4, neither of the teens with her had either cash or a card sufficient to cover $15? Again, in 1994, sure, in 2024...?

#5, as mentioned, she could have written the donating lady a check for $15, or even $20 to say thanks.

I think the off-the-cuff judgment call for this one is on a pretty solid foundation.

I remember once I was at one (on the road) and I had was one item. This was back when almost everything was still a dollar. But the woman in front had a ton of stuff and offered to just let my item be scanned and she would pay for it where I could just leave with it. Took her up on the offer.

It irks me when people really need help and can't get it. A local "homeless " guy that would panhandle at the local Safeway would show up in a BMW 3 series. I took video and said I'd post it on YouTube if he came back. He never did.

Back