Dog dies after travelling in overhead compartment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before I'd stuff one of my cats in an overhead bin as demanded by some AA hire who ought to be cleaning floors (and that under close supervision) instead of giving me orders, I'd leave the plane. After asking to see the pilot, and if that didn't work, getting the stewardess's name and employee number, and that of her supervisor. "My lawyer will be in touch. Not only with United, but with you personally, because I'm suing you personally. Have a lousy flight."

You have to wonder if maybe Mom, the pet's owner, didn't speak English well, or at all. In the ABC News segment I saw, the daughter, about age 12, did all the talking. Which doesn't excuse the airline -- or their hireling, who probably didn't understand what Mom was saying, and ignored the daughter's protests -- but it might explain part of how it happened.

I gotta'' wonder why a dog dying on a plane merits all this coverage. The dogs's dead. Get an atttorney and go from there if it is that important to you. Or better yet-understand that thousands of people die in the U.S. under sad and pathetic conditions. Instead of getting a lawyer to recover money for a dead mutt. Use that money to do good.

Originally Posted By: Al
I gotta'' wonder why a dog dying on a plane merits all this coverage.

Social awareness of a problem. Might help prevent something like this in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back