Dodge "muscle strategy" versus Chevy/Ford?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Challenger had nearly 500 foot pounds of torque, which is what gives the "scat pack" its true meaning!

My full size luxury sedan runs mid 12's and yet feels like a Caddy, smooth and very quiet.

Can't go by feel alone...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
The Challenger had nearly 500 foot pounds of torque, which is what gives the "scat pack" its true meaning!

My full size luxury sedan runs mid 12's and yet feels like a Caddy, smooth and very quiet.

Can't go by feel alone...

Very true, Ford's 5.0 just doesnt have the torque of the 6.4, and that's what gives you that sensation of brute force.... but I do believe that if the GT had better rear gears it can come closer to that feeling.

To your second point:
Numbers dont mean much to me if you can't feel it. I dont care if I'm being tricked by the turbo, the "feel" of the boost makes me smile every time.

Luxury vehicles with big power (think Mercedes S600 for example) are boring. Very fast indeed, but it's more of a floating feeling, you almost don't realize how fast you're going until you look at the speedometer. That bores the [censored] out of me

On a different but similar note: Look at the Big 3 diesel trucks. The Powerstroke and Duramax are absolutely intricate, over engineered works of art in comparison to the aged Cummins powerplant. But where rubber meets the road, the Cummins is still the benchmark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back