Dodge Challenger Demon SRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Purple and the raspberry colors look great on Challengers IMO.

Does the Demon come with those flares?

I think the Challenger has the best design by far of all the retro-styled musclecars, with one complaint--the tires seem oddly tall and skinny. I guess the flares are what it takes to fit a wider tire?

Originally Posted By: 14Accent

PDI means what exactly?

PDI = pre delivery inspection. More like dealer prep. I mentioned this in another thread about SRT guys wanting to pick up the car EXACTLY as it arrives.

I was told in that thread that that was an unreasonable request of the dealer... I think not.

Every Hellcat I've seen at auctions/ shows has had the yellow chin guard on it. Never seen a Demon before.

I've also seen many cars over the years at auctions with original stickers, plastic seat covers etc. It'll be neat stuff 20-30 years from now.

Not unreasonable at all.

Last edited:
Could you imagine a Viper with the Demon's driveline? You'd have a car that accelerates like a banshee AND handles well...

Originally Posted By: E365
If you missed out on getting a Demon, now you can get a Hellcat Redeye. 797 HP.

https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/chrysler/2018/06/28/hellcat-srt-demon-dodge/741383002/

“At full throttle, the Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye’s high-output engine consumes 1.43 gal/min (5.4 liters/min) of fuel — enough to drain the fuel tank in just under 11 minutes, yet is still rated at 22 mpg when driven in normal highway conditions,” according to a news release.

Originally Posted By: grampi
Could you imagine a Viper with the Demon's driveline? You'd have a car that accelerates like a banshee AND handles well...

The Viper IS a car that accelerates like a banshee AMD handles well...

21.gif

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Originally Posted By: grampi

The Viper IS a car that accelerates like a banshee AMD handles well...

21.gif

Yes, but it would accelerate harder if it had the Demon's engine...last time I checked, the Viper didn't make anywhere near 800 hp...

Originally Posted By: Delta
Originally Posted By: JLTD
Plum Crazy is the color I think.

Bwahaha, reminded me of Joe Dirt.

"Yee! Auto Trader Ooh, August. I don't got this one, there are some deals in here. Oh, check this out, '71 'Cuda, plum crazy purple. Guy wants 14 grand, whaaaaat!?"

lol.gif

You don’t even have a car, Dirt!!

Originally Posted By: Rhymingmechanic

I think the Challenger has the best design by far of all the retro-styled musclecars, with one complaint--the tires seem oddly tall and skinny. I guess the flares are what it takes to fit a wider tire?

I agree. If car designers are making something retro and the people like it, they need to rethink what they plan to do in the future. Plain and simple.

I see what you mean about the tires. Not going to disagree with you there, but that's the modern look for you.

The colors came around when what is now NASCAR decided to broadcast in color and Chrysler group wanted their cars to stand out for color television viewers.
The skinny tires are a result of the architecture of the Mercedes platform it's based on.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
So its gonna sit as an investment? Don't make 'em any more according to Barrett- Jackson sale up near me of the last viper and Demon in Viper red … for $1M.

Apparently the guy drove it the 400 miles home.

Originally Posted By: littleant
Originally Posted By: JLTD
Plum Crazy is the color I think.
And you would be correct. My 1970 GTX was plum crazy purple.
My 1970 Challenger was that color as well. fun car but Nothing like the new ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back