Do you use your Pick Up like a truck or car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Wolf359

Do you use regular or premium?

Do you work with your hands or do you have a desk job?

How do you pronounce Tomato/Potato?

If you had to kill someone, would you use a knife or gun?

Careers... job hopper or stay at one place?

Will you fly the 737 Max once it's fixed?

Do you drive fast or slow?

Ever hit a pothole?

Do you trim your eyebrows/nose hairs?

Are you using a cheap or expensive razor?

Don't give him any ideas.
lol.gif

Both-couldn't get by without it. Use it for hauling lawn equipment and stuff while traveling. Standard cab. As close to an old style pickup truck as you can find.

(2001 Dodge Ram with 285,000 on original 5.9 "Magnum" engine. One fuel pump, one water pump replaced. Tranny rebuilt at 265,000 "just in case".)

BTW, had a Rhino Liner installed just after buying it (new) because I knew the full-size bed would get a workout!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by maxdustington
No one is going to admit to having a truck to make them feel more rugged. Everyone will say "Yeah I use it to haul x, y and z" but they might do that less than ten times per year.

Just state the obvious: If you have no need for a full sized (eight foot) bed, there is a good chance you could get by with a different vehicle. You don't need a pick up truck to tow the stuff that most normal people tow: pleasure craft and small trailers.

It makes soyboys feel tough, but it also turns the pick up trucks into massive soy wagons. Now people who actually use them have to lift things over their head to get them in the bed with the tailgate down.

Sounds like projection...

Just look at the bed of mine and it speaks wonders. Also there is nothing like taking a family of 5 for vacation and drive for 6 hours in comfort and still have plenty of room for luggage.

I use mine as a car the majority of the time but I do tow a fishing boat and a 21 foot travel trailer a few times a year. I bought a big enough truck to do the job but not more than really necessary. If I had something heavier to tow or haul or did so more frequently I'd have gotten a 1/2 ton. The Frontier does what I need it to do and it fits in the garage and the 4x4 comes in handy in the winter or on slippery boat ramps.

Light collar, almost white, with blue pin stripe.

4x4 F150 with posi ex cab. Use as truck and occasionally as people hauler. Logs, gravel, const materials, and our bicylcles on weekend outings. Tow boat. Use 4x4 to get up slippery ramps.

Living in Alaska, Wisconsin, and Iowa most of my life, I will not drive anything other than a 4WD pickup or an AWD SUV. Our weather and lifestyles demand them.
Thank God for freedom!
smile.gif

Last edited:
I think many guys drive a pickup truck because TV commercials show manly types drive big engine pickups.but, end up using them to bring potted plants home for the wives or girlfriends. Ha. Ed

I have two trucks. I wouldn't be without a truck because I never know when I need to haul something and having to go find someplace to rent one is a hassle because there are no places around here that rent vehicles.

Example, I bought a grill off of Craigslist the other day and I used my 1/2 ton truck to go get it. No way would the grill fit in any of my cars. Trucks are not for everyone though.

My F150 is "just" 2WD... which should help mileage some.

I need 4WD maybe 1 or 2 days a YEAR..... not worth it.

% - of time?, it's almost 50/50 "used as a car''/''used as a truck". Like 4 hours of each, every day or something averaged out like that.

% - miles? About 65% of the miles are highway miles, sometimes loaded but mostly not.

Usually when "used as a truck" it's slow miles and local. Then I empty it to get somewhere.

Some things that are ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS in the truck are:
Basic tools
jumper cables
spare battery
2 spare tires
jack & 4-way lug wrench
tow chain
spare fluids (everything)
small air compressor

and other "job specific needed things", that often are "along for the ride"
like a chainsaw & gas, plumbing stuff, electrical stuff, construction stuff, etc. etc.

It all depends on what jobs I am doing that day.

I use it like a car, and I'm not afraid to admit it.

I used to own a nice car to commute in and have a beater pickup truck for errands, hauling some stuff in the bed, etc. What happened was I just got sick of registering and insuring both (and it took up too much space). The driveway was a pain.

So now I have a truck that I drive 80-100 miles a day in, it's nice, and it gets great fuel economy (for a truck or even for a SUV). I'm a big guy and I like to sit up a little higher, plus it's much easier to get in and out of. I mountain bike and it's simple to just toss my bike into the back of the bed and be on my way. If I need to take something to the dump or pick something up, the truck is great. Plus it's great in the snow. I love it.

Another thing that drew me to commuting in a pickup of was cost of maintenance. I figure Trucks are built a little more durable and they're so popular that parts are cheap and there's lots of repair info online.

The only thing I don't like is using it for errand and stuff on the weekends...tough to park, don't want to have someone back into it because it sticks out a little. And the great fuel economy I get during the week can be wiped out on those short around town trips. But trucks are very versatile and comfortable in my world.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Traction
Since you probably will never own a truck, why would you even bother to ask, or even care?

Because I like to read people's answers and give them a chance to voice their opinion. Problem?

Originally Posted by Warstud
Do you use your Pick Up like a truck or car?

Do you consider yourself Blue Collar, White Collar or sonething else?

How do you pronounce the word Vehicle?

Should criminals be given a second chance?

Careers.....Boomers vs Millennias

Are you afraid to fly?

Drive in silence or need some noise?

Ever hit an animal with a vehicle?

Shaved head anyone? Why?

Do you use a Razor, Shaver or let it grow?

You didn't answer. Do you have a pick up?

Originally Posted by Wolf359

Do you use regular or premium?

Do you work with your hands or do you have a desk job?

How do you pronounce Tomato/Potato?

If you had to kill someone, would you use a knife or gun?

Careers... job hopper or stay at one place?

Will you fly the 737 Max once it's fixed?

Do you drive fast or slow?

Ever hit a pothole?

Do you trim your eyebrows/nose hairs?

Are you using a cheap or expensive razor?

Those are pretty good. But one at a time bro!

Originally Posted by PimTac
Everyone is free to buy whatever vehicle they want. It is none of anyone's business how they use it.

Yes they are. And they are free not to participate in this post.

Originally Posted by ZZman
Originally Posted by PimTac
Everyone is free to buy whatever vehicle they want. It is none of anyone's business how they use it.

Yes they are. And they are free not to participate in this post.

Good advice. Bye ZZ. ⬛ï¸â¬›ï¸â¬›ï¸

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back