do you think this video is real.

I would think it is fake being that the cameraman didn't flinch (ie. staged event). Also at 1:30 the driver side window appears to be in the up position and driver side door was closed when the driver exited the vehicle during the rollover.

Looks pretty real to me. It’s very hard to CGI the sand flying off during the skid, it is also very hard to CGI and time the water splashing and water particles flying in the correct direction.

Also the flip itself looked like the vehicle had a real weight behind it. Most fakes fail in this category and make it look like a toy flipping. Heck most movies have a hard time animating car accidents and stunts properly.

Looks pretty real to me. It’s very hard to CGI the sand flying off during the skid, it is also very hard to CGI and time the water splashing and water particles flying in the correct direction.

Also the flip itself looked like the vehicle had a real weight behind it. Most fakes fail in this category and make it look like a toy flipping. Heck most movies have a hard time animating car accidents and stunts properly.
I took another look and at 1:34 the driver side window appears to be open/broken. So perhaps it is real or could it be blending of two videos?

I took another look and at 1:34 the driver side window appears to be open/broken. So perhaps it is real or could it be blending of two videos?
That’s a possibility, blend two real videos into one fake. As you mentioned, the camera is unnaturally steady and of course there is the blur. I’m having a hard time telling if the blur is from the video being zoomed in, or if it’s an after effect applied with a rendering software.

Started out real and the flip was real - but the driver ejecting 20 feet into the air and limping away? That was fake.

It looks like buddy was trying to get a video for his Instagram but doesn't know how to drive in sand.
You should drive on the wet sand, but out of the water. The sand underwater can be soft/holy and you can't see through the water so good luck

Also if you're on a beach don't try to correct or steer quickly because sand doesn't give you good traction

I'd agree with 4wd, it's real stupid

Started out real and the flip was real - but the driver ejecting 20 feet into the air and limping away? That was fake.
Idk, i broke my arm jumping mountain bikes and then rode my bike back to the car once, adrenaline is a crazy thing. It started hurting right about the time I started feeling dizzy, which was like 30 feet from my friends car.

Not sure
It looks semi-fake and staged
But not conclusive the roll in particular looked like they merged another video into that scene but the guy does run the get out of the way so its uncertain.

It looks real to me, real stupid.

Seriously though, I think the high resolution and stability of the recording gives it a staged / CGI look. This can be accomplished with upscaling and stabilization features in Adobe Premier Pro, I do this all the time in editing vids for my YT channel.

It could also be someone's school project in an animation class.

The video below was a project by a 3D artist in 2019 which many believed to be actual footage of ball lightning.

No doubt a professional or determined amateur animator can make videos like these today and eventually we will all be able to do so with AI.

Open AI's Sora project which will mostly eliminate the movie industry will also give everyone the capability to create our own lifelike videos and movies eventually. Imagine being inside a movie using VR tech, as a bystander or even interact with the plot, like the Holodeck in Star Trek. I would pay a premium to one day sit at a table in the Disco Noir scene in Terminator watching the T800 search for Sarah O'Connor.

I can also see a future where we can upload a historic photo, or a library of photos and historic texts, and re-experience the past. Relive 1890's NYC? Be at Lincolns inauguration? The future will be amazing!

Last edited:
It looks real to me, real stupid.

Seriously though, I think the high resolution and stability of the recording give it a staged / CGI look. This can be accomplished with upscaling and stabilization features in Adobe Premier Pro, I do this all the time in editing vids for my YT channel.

It could also be someone's school project in an animation class.

The video below was a project by a 3D artist in 2019 which many believed by many to be actual footage of ball lightning.

No doubt a professional to amateur animator can make videos like these and eventually AI.

Open AI's Sora project which will mostly eliminate the movie industry and allow us to create our own lifelike videos eventually. Hopefully allowing us to be in a movie in VR and possibly interact with the characters. I would pay a premium to one day sit at a table in the Disco Noir scene in Terminator watching the T800 search for Sarah O'Connor.

I can also see a future where we can upload a historic photo, or a library of photos and historic texts, and re-experience the past. Relive 1890's NYC? Be at Lincolns inauguration?

We are doomed.

Genuinely don't understand how someone believes this is fake. There are many, many videos online with the same kind of ejections that aren't as 'family safe', shall we say.

Back