do you think this video is real.

Genuinely don't understand how someone believes this is fake. There are many, many videos online with the same kind of ejections that aren't as 'family safe', shall we say.
Its certainly possible that it can happen. But this particular video just doesn’t look right to me.

The vehicle dynamics seem too accurate to me to be fake. Other than I can't help but wonder why it was being filmed in the first place, so that's suspicious.
Does the sand look disturbed enough for the after? Notice at the very end. I don’t know.

If real, the driver was lucky.

Does the sand look disturbed enough for the after? Notice at the very end. I don’t know.

If real, the driver was lucky.

I think so... watched it again blown up. Too many little details IMO, I'm going to go with real.

Genuinely don't understand how someone believes this is fake. There are many, many videos online with the same kind of ejections that aren't as 'family safe', shall we say.
Look at the driver side window 1:30-1:34). It was "up" until it wasn't. Doesn't this vehicle have side curtain airbags worldwide? I would think the curtain airbag would prevent the body of exiting the window like it did.

Look at the driver side window 1:30-1:34). It was "up" until it wasn't. Doesn't this vehicle have side curtain airbags worldwide? I would think the curtain airbag would prevent the body of exiting the window like it did.

FJ.jpg

Fake. The RR wheel doesn't dig in enough when the roll starts, it's like it needs something strong lifting the LR tire to start the roll going. And the ejected driver has more speed behind him than the rolling car can make, it's like he was launched from a trebuchet.

And the ejected driver has more speed behind him than the rolling car can make, it's like he was launched from a trebuchet.
That was my thought too; he ejected very fast, considering likely interference with steering wheel and window size.

Could have been that one in a million shot.

Fake. The RR wheel doesn't dig in enough when the roll starts, it's like it needs something strong lifting the LR tire to start the roll going. And the ejected driver has more speed behind him than the rolling car can make, it's like he was launched from a trebuchet.
Have you ever high-sided a motorcycle? It's surprising how fast it can launch you.

Staged fake. Why would a still camera been set up there in the first place? Until the flip happens nothing to see. Notice you hear wind noise but no verbal reaction from the camera operator?

Staged fake. Why would a still camera been set up there in the first place? Until the flip happens nothing to see. Notice you hear wind noise but no verbal reaction from the camera operator?

People trying to show off their off-road vehicles do this all the time. Run down the trail, set up camera, run back to car, drive across flat sand or small rocks, post on Instagram.

People trying to show off their off-road vehicles do this all the time. Run down the trail, set up camera, run back to car, drive across flat sand or small rocks, post on Instagram.
I have several videos of myself offroading. I never flipped 20ft. in the air and just popped up and walked away.

I have several videos of myself offroading. I never flipped 20ft. in the air and just popped up and walked away.

Because it's never happened to you means it's fake?

There was a video of a guy flipping his jeep in the beach and him getting launched out of it as well, probably a year ago. I'll see if I can find it

Last edited:
Back