Do you suck your oil filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Cristobal
I got to tell you folks, that I suck my oil filters in out of the way places. I have only had one person walk up on me while I was going to town on an oil filter, and it was embarrassing.

+1 Awesome!

To make sure I understand correctly,if you blow air through the center hole and air leaks through,then that`s bad? I did that with my current Wix and it leaked air all over the place with no resistance at all. I tried that with my last Fram TG and no air whatsoever would leak. So which is better? The Wix or the Fram based on the air test?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
To make sure I understand correctly,if you blow air through the center hole and air leaks through,then that`s bad? I did that with my current Wix and it leaked air all over the place with no resistance at all. I tried that with my last Fram TG and no air whatsoever would leak. So which is better? The Wix or the Fram based on the air test?

Yep ... if you blow air into the center hole and air continually leaks out, then the ADBV is not sealing. If the ADBV seals 100% then it would feel like you're blowing into a beer bottle, and you couldn't blow any more air into it.

Which WIX filter was it? I'm suspecting one with the "combo" ADBV/bypass valve setup.

A good question is, by doing this in the store, how many other car guys do you think you've made out with before you're satisfied with your filter choice?

I'm having that exact problem with a Wix made Napa Gold 1515 right now. Took it back and the others did it too. No other filter I have here (about 8), even cheap ones, do that. They all seal instantly, even the much maligned orange can!

Not impressed.

Yeah that`s what kind`ve made me wonder,my Wix filter didn`t seal at all,BUT,the Fram TG`s seal completely. I`m going back to Fram.

Alien+Baby+Full+Screen+V.png

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Yeah that`s what kind`ve made me wonder,my Wix filter didn`t seal at all,BUT,the Fram TG`s seal completely. I`m going back to Fram.

I just tested 9 Wix filters ADBV by blowing into them. They all worked flawlessly. They were all 100% sealed. 6 of the 57055 and 3 of the 57356 Wix filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back