Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Originally Posted By: Gregory
No watch with Cell Phone.

11.gif
My watch doesn't tell me directions...

Are you lost again?

When a ball of welder slag the size of a pea rolls under that band and the smell of scorched meat reaches your nostrills, having the time on your wrist becomes a lot less important! Same with rings at work.

Bob

Originally Posted By: moribundman
Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Originally Posted By: Gregory
No watch with Cell Phone.

11.gif
My watch doesn't tell me directions...

Are you lost again?

If your watch has 2 hands on it, and you can see the sun, you can easily determine due south within several degrees.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
I carry a cell and wear a watch but I never look at either to tell the time. I always "know" what time it is. I'm kind of a freak in that department. I can wake up at precisely 3:30 AM if I want to.

Try an experiment. Cover up all the clocks in your room, and see if you can still wake up on time.

if i could get a strap for my swatch chrono in australia, i'd love to wear it again, has a nice heavy feel...

Originally Posted By: crinkles
if i could get a strap for my swatch chrono in australia, i'd love to wear it again, has a nice heavy feel...

Need I ask the obvious?

G-Man put me onto the Motorola F3

Big numbers...and if you leave it in the car park and it gets driven over, it lives.

Haven't for years. Hurt my wrest and working on computers all day made it worse. I'd like to get a pocket watch someday since on vacations I usually leave the phone the car. Although I'm not to worried about time then so I may not.

i wear a watch. it is a simple casio model with a built-in radio atomic clock. i carry a cell phone as well, but digging in my pocket to check the time is just a hassle (especially when driving). my cell phone also cant/wont/doesnt display 24 hour time (which is just stupid).

i remove the ring for high voltage (or high current) work.

Originally Posted By: moribundman
Originally Posted By: crinkles

Need I ask the obvious?

like have i gone down to shop to check...
LOL.gif
no

any "obvious" things well ... don't know what you are alluding to
happy2.gif

You want us to go shopping with you?
LOL.gif

1. You managed to get a hold of a Swatch Chrono (whatever abomination it is).
2. You managed to lose or destroy the strap.
3. You seem unable or unwilling to find a replacement strap at a local shop or online.

Suggestion: Measure the lug width and find a replacement strap online. In case of a leather band, make sure you get the proper length. A good brand is Hirsch. Whether or not you need a safety buckle or clasp I do not know, but you can get them for metal, rubber, neoprene, leather and tactical watchbands. Just GOOGLE it!
48.gif

I always wear a watch, a TAGHeuer 1000 or Formula 1; I feel naked without one.

Mori, if the swatch that crinkles is talking about is like the ones from the '80's, they use a unique strap design, not the standard "Xmm lug width" style that most watches use.

I carry a cell and wear a watch but I never look at either to tell the time. I always "know" what time it is. I'm kind of a freak in that department. I can wake up at precisely 3:30 AM if I want to.

I'm kind of a freak in that department too, as I wake up every morning (with no alarm clock) at almost exactly 5:50am, plus or minus one minute! Even on the weekends if I go to bed two hours later than usual, I won't sleep past about 6:15am. My body just KNOWS it's time to get up.

Originally Posted By: oilyriser

Try an experiment. Cover up all the clocks in your room, and see if you can still wake up on time.

Makes no difference. I could be in China or wherever.....no clock....sometimes after a vigorous bubble bath I lose track though.

I still wear a watch all the time. Now I go to the "www.time.gov" site and synchronize my watch with the atomic clock every now and then!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back