Do you regularly do tire rotations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Between 5k-8k usually. 5k comes and goes pretty quick sometimes. I have the lifetime alignment for my F-150 from Firestone. They can’t seem to get it right. The steering wheel is either crooked or it pulls. I don’t know why. The tires wear OK so I don’t worry too much. I think it’s just laziness or incompetence. Entire front end is pretty new Moog.

I own a car dealership, so in my world I usually don't keep cars long enough to require a tire rotation.

However if I did I would simply do the tire rotation after changing the oil, and since Discount Tire is fairly strong where I live, I would just go there to have it done.

On a related note, if DT offered brake jobs and alignments, I could easily see them putting Firestone out of business. We have about five different tire shops close to each other and Discount Tire does a stronger business than all of them combined.

I have done it when I have noticed some shoulder wear on the fronts.

But only.on the two MK3 Clios i have owned which are prone to uneven tyre wear on the front

My previous XJL had wider rears, as does our Smart and my S Class. Actually that is not 100% accurate.

My Summer wheels have wider rears my original wheels which are now my Winter wheels are the all round. They are being swapped on Monday and I shall mark them so I rotate them when they go back on.

The S Class just had its B1 Service at 22k and the Garage checked the tread depths and they are wearing evenly at both ends.but with slight feathering of the inner and outer tread on the fronts. Which is not unusual on the W222 S Class

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back