Do you regularly do tire rotations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't bother with it. I have done it in the past and do not notice much difference in the life of my tires.

Originally Posted By: Bud
I don't bother with it. I have done it in the past and do not notice much difference in the life of my tires.

Me either. Never noticed any difference in tire life.

Yes @ oil changes. It affords an opportunity for a thorough inspection of tires and brakes.

Lift the rear and swap 'em Left to Right.
Lift a side and swap 'em Front to Rear.
Do the other side.

Obviously, do this in the most reckless and dangerous way you can. (that's sarcastic humor)

"Gee, I cant see the improvement in wear compared to other tires I didn't rotate on other cars years ago".

The arguments for NOT doing something are indeed incredible.

Every 5K my tire shop does it as a courtesy when spending 600 bucks on tires ,,, also gives me a good look under the car as they let me out on the shop floor ,,,,, and gives them a chance to up sell when they have the car on their lift ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Front tires wear at 2.5x the rate of the rear. Of course I rotate. Usually every 6-7k miles.

I do it. Tires are expensive and I want them to last longer. Plus it gives me the chance to thoroughly clean the wheels and inspect the brakes. Usually do it every 5K miles with my oil change.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Front tires wear at 2.5x the rate of the rear. Of course I rotate. Usually every 6-7k miles.

I know of a Charger having the opposite problem

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
I do it when I swap winter wheels for summer ones.

+1. I don't drive enough to swap them out otherwise.

I do mine every 10,000 miles. I know many do it more often, but most of my driving is highway, so wear is more even than it normally would be for the kind of miles I drive. I'm actually bringing my Fusion in to the local Discount tire in about 20 minutes for exactly this. It was due on Wed, but today has been my first opportunity.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
I do it. Tires are expensive and I want them to last longer. Plus it gives me the chance to thoroughly clean the wheels and inspect the brakes. Usually do it every 5K miles with my oil change.

I thought your Mustang had different size tire F and R ?

About 5K.
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice

My IS is like that, non directional tires go side to side.

It is nice that Discount Tire also rebalances tires when they do rotation. A couple tires were off.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice

Nope, 255/40/19 all around. As cool as staggered fitment is, I don't need it on this car. Even my 95 build will not have staggered fitment.

Wheel alignment and tires rotated every 5,000 miles. I struck a deal with my tire store and paid them $200 for lifetime wheel alignment every 6,000 miles. I was the only person they gave that to, confuses new employees when they look it up in the computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back