Do you need a receipt to warranty a NAPA battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by atikovi
How long ago was that? Just got back from NAPA and no warranty without receipt. Even with a receipt, I'd have to pay $52 when it's just 2 months out of the 2 year free replacement. Wouldn't buy a NAPA battery for that reason alone. New it sells for $159 when I can get 2 Walmart batteries for $100 a year apart and still be ahead.

Were you the original purchaser of the battery from NAPA?

I've returned stuff to NAPA for warranty with a receipt that was 11 years old and got another rebuilt alternator that way.
The thing is that I had moved and the NAPA closest to me told me to go to the NAPA (in another part of town) where I bought it from. I hate when they are like that, but hey free is free.

Battery has been on a Battery Minder for 5 days now. Showing 898 CCA on my tester for a battery rated at 800 CCA. Wow. Wonder how many people unnecessarily buy new batteries when they don't have to? Couldn't NAPA's tester tell that it was still good but just needed conditioning?

Originally Posted by atikovi
Battery has been on a Battery Minder for 5 days now. Showing 898 CCA on my tester for a battery rated at 800 CCA. Wow. Wonder how many people unnecessarily buy new batteries when they don't have to? Couldn't NAPA's tester tell that it was still good but just needed conditioning?

You don't really know if it's good until after you've got through this process.

I work for a competitor to NAPA but when people want an instant answer to good vs bad and/or we have four batteries waiting to be charged and one charger... Well this charger is built to charge fast and get us an answer right now. Not 5 days later.

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
Originally Posted by motts
Most East Penn batteries have shorter warranties than other manufacturers

Not necessarily-the (no longer sold) Meijer Platinum & the Sam's Club Duracell Gold ones both had/have 3 year replacement warranties. For some reason, pretty much every manufacturer left is shortening warranties & raising prices. Got to pay for those corporate takeovers somehow.

Actually... Paying for lead being processed across the Pacific ocean is the biggest issue. .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back