Do you enjoy or do your own yard work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do my own, can't say I enjoy it but it's not un-enjoyable. I'd rather not have to but I don't object to doing it. Sometimes it's kind of fun, depends on what I'm doing. Mowing grass is the worst, but I don't have a big lawn so it's a half hour and over.

I enjoy it.
It is good exercise and gets me out of the house.I have to do it early in the morning because here in Texas the summer temps get unenjoyable fast.
Last summer after surgery I had to pay for yardwork for a few months and missed doing it myself. But a neighbor who lost his job did it so it helped both of us.
I changed oil last week in my push mower and I am ready for the first now in about 3weeks or so.

Yes … but having a tropical yard that felt an abnormally cold freeze is not the enjoyable part.
Big portions of mature plants are dead.
Told my wife we will only replant what was there when Cortes landed
wink.gif

Do our own
smile.gif

But some of the tuff stuff like tree climbing for heavy pruning and such gets farmed out. Getting up in years. Don't want a fall and broken hip ...

You know how serious a yard person is by the number of leaf blowers and string trimmers/brush cutters they have
smile.gif

3 & 3
laugh.gif

Yep, I do most of my outdoor work. I just love being outside..Winter has had me all couped up inside. I like doing landscaping, growing plants, vegetables and grass. Enjoying a nice fire outside while I take a swim or hit my hot tub. The more time im outside the better!

I have an acre and a 1/4 and I love doing my own stuff. I have 5 mowers. 3 run. Chain saws, weed eaters, sweeper, tiller, leaf blower, and 2 push mowers.

Yes, love yard and gardening. Doesnt mean I keep the lawn like a golf course - not interested in the chemical exposure. But I love doing the work.

Growing fruits and vegetables is also something I love. But it just takes so much time - fortunately my wife helps a lot with that.

Enjoyed having a large yard for many years, but it is getting to be a burden and not nearly as much fun. Thinking this may well be my last year for cutting grass and dealing with the leaves from 21 tree's every fall. The only bad thing about down sizing is I will miss my trusted Wheel Horse tractor. Don't give no 2 hoot's for the Deere, but will miss the old Horse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back