do some people just have more issues than others?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
That's too bad.
Of all the fast food burger places around here, Sonic has the best burgers and shakes.

Wow, you must have some bad burger places around there...Sonic's food isn't bad, but I certainly never considered anything of their's to be the best...

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
I guess it's more with how you deal with them. Like today I went to sonic to get me a quick shake and nobody responded on the drive thru intercom and I noticed hey the 3 vehicle in front of me have been serviced and I'm sitting here 5 minutes later, so I go ahead and pull up to the window and was gonna be like hey your intercom doesn't work, I guess my diesel 3/4 ton truck is invisible today, sat there and idled for another 3 or 4 minutes, the two girls inside completely oblivious, so I went ahead and made a lap around the drive thru back to the speaker, waited for a response, no response so I said forget it and drove off.

Another way to think about this is the time wasted. You waited ~10 minutes no reason.. If you didn't leave and just went inside (I am assuming Sonic is like McDonalds, DQ, BK etc.. We don't have one here.), you wouldn't have left the property empty handed and the time wouldn't have been wasted either.

I personally don't like stopping places after work, but since I live in the middle of nowhere, I like saving the gas so I do it anyways. I find myself struggling with people (mainly at the grocery stores) during this time so rest assured you aren't alone. Perhaps you just wanted to go home? Next time, go home and chill a bit and head back into town for that shake.

Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
That's too bad.
Of all the fast food burger places around here, Sonic has the best burgers and shakes.

Wow, you must have some bad burger places around there...Sonic's food isn't bad, but I certainly never considered anything of their's to be the best...

Just as a comparison, Robert Downey Jr. gave up drugs one night because of how horrid his BK burger was. It literally made him rethink his life.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
I guess it's more with how you deal with them. Like today I went to sonic to get me a quick shake and nobody responded on the drive thru intercom and I noticed hey the 3 vehicle in front of me have been serviced and I'm sitting here 5 minutes later, so I go ahead and pull up to the window and was gonna be like hey your intercom doesn't work, I guess my diesel 3/4 ton truck is invisible today, sat there and idled for another 3 or 4 minutes, the two girls inside completely oblivious, so I went ahead and made a lap around the drive thru back to the speaker, waited for a response, no response so I said forget it and drove off.

Another way to think about this is the time wasted. You waited ~10 minutes no reason.. If you didn't leave and just went inside (I am assuming Sonic is like McDonalds, DQ, BK etc.. We don't have one here.), you wouldn't have left the property empty handed and the time wouldn't have been wasted either.

I personally don't like stopping places after work, but since I live in the middle of nowhere, I like saving the gas so I do it anyways. I find myself struggling with people (mainly at the grocery stores) during this time so rest assured you aren't alone. Perhaps you just wanted to go home? Next time, go home and chill a bit and head back into town for that shake.

It's sonic, you can't go inside. I suppose I could have pulled into a stall and pressed the little red button.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: jeepman3071
Originally Posted By: Garak

But, they wouldn't serve me, claiming I'd have to go around and go into the other drive through lane. I assure you, that did not happen.

Yeah that was just them being lazy. There is a reason some people make a "career" out of fast food. They can't think. If the register has a glitch or a system malfunctions the workers freeze and have no clue what to do. I remember working with a MANAGER that said we had to close the drive through because the speaker was malfunctioning. I suggested we put a sign on the speaker notifying customers that the speaker was not working, and if they pulled up to the window we could take their order. The "manager" suggested that this wouldn't work because it would take longer for people to get their food. I said better to have drive through customers who are made aware they will need to wait 30 seconds longer than no customers at all...

That was exactly the problem. The girls inside kept looking at their little order computer screen and never wondered, hey why has that truck been sitting at the drive through window. Miraculously nobody came up behind me either this whole time.

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071
Yeah that was just them being lazy. There is a reason some people make a "career" out of fast food. They can't think. If the register has a glitch or a system malfunctions the workers freeze and have no clue what to do. I remember working with a MANAGER that said we had to close the drive through because the speaker was malfunctioning. I suggested we put a sign on the speaker notifying customers that the speaker was not working, and if they pulled up to the window we could take their order. The "manager" suggested that this wouldn't work because it would take longer for people to get their food. I said better to have drive through customers who are made aware they will need to wait 30 seconds longer than no customers at all...

In my case, the biggest thing that got me to tell them to give their heads a shake as I left is that the menu board stated that if you having hearing or speech impairments, please go to the drive through window and place your order there. In the end, I wrote a letter of complaint to their head office. Their manager wound up getting a one month demotion out of it; I found out because a buddy of mine was a security consultant for the firm.

It's pure stupidity and just rigid adherence to policy, with zero understanding of it. A person at the drive through must be in a vehicle and must order at the menu board. If they cannot speak or hear, they can order at the window. If they can speak and hear, they must order at the menu board. If the menu board fails, then they're as confused as if a zombie apocalypse hit or if the roof caved in on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back