do some people just have more issues than others?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least you didn't drive your truck through the front door like some people might do.
wink.gif

Go to the sonic web site, describe the time, date, location and it will get corrected, you should also get some really good discount coupons.

Just to even out Karma, if someone does a good job go the the web site and report it. I did for a order taker at a Culvers that went above and beyond for my disabled mom and I.

She is now assistant manager, and she earned it.

Rod

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ragtoplvr
Go to the sonic web site, describe the time, date, location and it will get corrected, you should also get some really good discount coupons.

Just to even out Karma, if someone does a good job go the the web site and report it. I did for a order taker at a Culvers that went above and beyond for my disabled mom and I.

She is now assistant manager, and she earned it.

Rod

I was going to call them up and ask where if all their workers were still alive and whether or not they were open.

They have to come to the window for me to do that. Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my- this brought back bad memories: I had this happen to me at a drive-through window many years ago- inside was closed but drive-through was supposed to be open. Nobody there, nobody being served, a few cars ahead of me drove off as well. It turns out the place was in the middle of being robbed, and the two perps herded the four employees into the back room walk-in freezer and executed them. I did not know anything about it until some cops showed up at my home asking questions- they were following up every license plate that showed up on the security cameras. It took a while but they caught the robbers.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Yeah sometimes the [censored] just seems to always hit the fan. Yesterday I was doing an oil change. I slowly unscrew the oil filter to let the oil drain out of it. I didn't like how slow it was going so I just unscrewed it all the way. This HUGE wave of oil literally bounced off the oil pan and straight into my mouth! Oil doesn't taste like cherry blossoms,trust me on this one haha. I ran into the house rising my mouth out with soap,then with Listerine a million times it seemed!

Went to go fill it back up with oil. As I was slowly and carefully tilting the freshly opened oil jug to pour it down the filter,it "glugged" out this huge waterfall of oil that bounced off the funnel and all over the back of the engine.

Yep,[censored] happens!

Ahahahahaha so annoying. The last oil change I did, a small gust of wind blew the stream of oil right into my face. In shock while I was moving the pan around and trying to towel the oil off of my face I didn't notice the stream was totally missing the drain pan. A very important lesson was learned that day, always put up a wind shield of some sort.

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
I guess it's more with how you deal with them. Like today I went to sonic to get me a quick shake and nobody responded on the drive thru intercom and I noticed hey the 3 vehicle in front of me have been serviced and I'm sitting here 5 minutes later, so I go ahead and pull up to the window and was gonna be like hey your intercom doesn't work, I guess my diesel 3/4 ton truck is invisible today, sat there and idled for another 3 or 4 minutes, the two girls inside completely oblivious, so I went ahead and made a lap around the drive thru back to the speaker, waited for a response, no response so I said forget it and drove off.

Hard to find good help these days that can stay off their phone for five minutes I guess. Plus, it's human nature to remember occasions like these but forget the hundreds of times there was good service.

Don't go to fast food and certainly do go through the drive through.

Not saying that to be holier than thou. I'm saying it because if one of your goals is to meet people, park the truck and go inside. Meet people.

My goal here is to provide a suggestion that will check multiple boxes for attaining your life goals.

Going to an actual restaurant and going inside will be more healthy and provide more social interaction opportunities.

I'm not saying you will find the one. However, it may help you become the one you need to be. More opportunities to get better in social situations and that can't hurt. Think of it as practice for your social life.

Whatever you choose, good luck.

Originally Posted By: Leo99
Both of the Sonics near me closed up. Guess you weren't the only one to quit them.

I don't like this franchise, they don't do anything exceptionally well in the food department, who doesn't like tater tots right but that isn't going to make a franchise run right. and they need to stop charging more for their cherry limeade cause they aren't better than fountain drinks, nothing is.

Last edited:
Maybe the speaker was broken.

That happened once when I worked at Dunkin in high school. It broke and we had no idea for a few minutes. Some people were nice about it and pulled up to the window to let us know. Others would scream and curse... over coffee.

It isn't hard to knock on the window and politely let someone know of a problem or park and go into the lobby. I do know that with some vehicles, such as diesel trucks or loud exhausts, they can cause the speaker to malfunction and it will sound like nobody is there.

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071
Maybe the speaker was broken.

That happened once when I worked at Dunkin in high school. It broke and we had no idea for a few minutes. Some people were nice about it and pulled up to the window to let us know. Others would scream and curse... over coffee.

It happened to me some years ago, in a two lane drive through. I didn't get annoyed because the speaker broke. I drove to the window and told them that I couldn't hear anything. They agreed it was likely broken. But, they wouldn't serve me, claiming I'd have to go around and go into the other drive through lane. I assure you, that did not happen.

We probably shouldn't expect workers making just north of the minimum to provide great service.

I have made an interesting observation about fast food places over the years. On numerous occasions, I have seen a line of ten or more cars waiting in line at the drive thru. At the same time, there is no one in side placing any orders. To the rare person willing to park his or her car and walk 75 feet to the counter, fast service awaits while those unwilling to park and walk have to wait their turn.

When I encounter this I always park and go in, thinking it will be quicker and it often is not, as 95 percent of the resources are dedicated to keeping the drive through moving. The place will have one register and one person who partially mans that while also having to bag orders for the register and the drive through, and make all the "premium" drinks, etc. If even one person is in line ahead of you, its equivalent to 5 or 6 cars in the drive through. Add in the walking time if you can't park near the door and you end up behind time-wise. Another reason I hate these places, but sometimes there aren't many options.

Originally Posted By: SeaJay
We probably shouldn't expect workers making just north of the minimum to provide great service...

Please don't tell the people at Chick-Fil-A. Aside from being the only fast food place where what they serve me actually looks like the picture on the menu-board, it's the only place where I get consistently fast and polite service. Almost Stepford-ish. But I'll take it over some of the places where the staff acts like they're doing you a huge favor to serve you food and expect $15/hour while they're at it.

Originally Posted By: Garak

But, they wouldn't serve me, claiming I'd have to go around and go into the other drive through lane. I assure you, that did not happen.

Yeah that was just them being lazy. There is a reason some people make a "career" out of fast food. They can't think. If the register has a glitch or a system malfunctions the workers freeze and have no clue what to do. I remember working with a MANAGER that said we had to close the drive through because the speaker was malfunctioning. I suggested we put a sign on the speaker notifying customers that the speaker was not working, and if they pulled up to the window we could take their order. The "manager" suggested that this wouldn't work because it would take longer for people to get their food. I said better to have drive through customers who are made aware they will need to wait 30 seconds longer than no customers at all...

Originally Posted By: opus1
Originally Posted By: SeaJay
We probably shouldn't expect workers making just north of the minimum to provide great service...

Please don't tell the people at Chick-Fil-A. Aside from being the only fast food place where what they serve me actually looks like the picture on the menu-board, it's the only place where I get consistently fast and polite service. Almost Stepford-ish. But I'll take it over some of the places where the staff acts like they're doing you a huge favor to serve you food and expect $15/hour while they're at it.

This is the truth! (about Chick fila) I have worked with people who refused to do certain things because they weren't paid enough. If you have a job, do your best. It's about work ethic and pride in self, not a dollar amount. (rant off)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back