Dealer Markup on Jeep Gladiator High as $20,000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by stcif
Originally Posted by Skippy722
Originally Posted by stcif
After just trading in a 2015 Patriot, I'm done with Jeeps. Unless it's a 1967 Jeep Gladiator. That's a real truck.

To be fair, the Patriot wasn't really a Jeep. It was just a tarted up Dodge Caliber. And the Caliber manages to be even more soul crushingly boring than a Toyota, except with all the hard plastic you could ever want.

Agreed. It's sad to see the Jeep name on vehicles I believe to be of such poor quality now. Growing up my father drove a 67 Gladiator pickup followed by a 73 J10 pickup. Wish I could get those trucks back.

Those trucks are worth a lot now in good condition, same with any Wagoneer.

The Patriot is really a POS. Lots of issues with the CVT overheating. My sister wanted one for awhile so we test drove a few and I researched them and talked to a few owners. If I had to buy a new Jeep, it would be a Wrangler, Gladiator, or Grand Cherokee. Nothing else is really worth it. Jeep knows this, and that's why the prices on those three vehicles are so high. I've seen a few Gladiators in person and they are pretty cool. I think it's a niche vehicle like the Wrangler, where it can do a bunch of different things, but isn't the best at any one of them (and what vehicle is the best at everything?). Not many trucks can tow 7000lbs with no top or doors, which is why I think they will sell a lot of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back