Dealer Markup on Jeep Gladiator High as $20,000

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to see some sales and actual price numbers.

In my neck of the woods I've only seen a few of the "4 door Jeeps".

Can we list other vehicles which have gone over sticker?

There were always premium Vettes ('cept mid '80's, of course)

Hey, they can only charge 'what the market will bear'. Got folks silly enough to pay 20k over sticker, not the dealers fault. You know what they say about "suckers".

I would wait until production ramps up...doesn't help they are only building high end ones right now either.

Right now the few we have here are going for or a tiny bit below sticker.

As much as I want one, waiting for the bugs to be worked out is better.....

A dealer near me is supposedly discounting some. Not the $8500-$10,000 you see off Ram trucks though.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The people on TFL managed to smoke the brakes on one with their towing test. Apparently it doesn't have a tow/haul mode and won't hold itself back on hills. It a truck that seems to retail for $50K. Crazy!

Originally Posted by Miller88
The people on TFL managed to smoke the brakes on one with their towing test. Apparently it doesn't have a tow/haul mode and won't hold itself back on hills. It a truck that seems to retail for $50K. Crazy!

They were probably way off in assuming that Gladiator buyers are going to use it for anything stressful like that!
;^)

Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi
Originally Posted by Miller88

They were probably way off in assuming that Gladiator buyers are going to use it for anything stressful like that!
;^)

That and most trucks come with clean/quiet ceramic pads now so pushing them to limits will show weakness like that. Most rarely push their vehicles anywhere near their ratings so tires and brakes they come with are great for commuting to work or the store, not heavy hauling or towing.

My local dealership actually has a Sport model in stock for $46,405. Right next to that price is, "Finance for $720 a month for 72 months."
crazy2.gif
That, my friends, is INSANE!

Originally Posted by Kira

In the early 2000s we went to look at an Accord. There was a little sticker in the window beside the factory one , ADP - $500

ADP was "added dealer profit". Never looked at a Honda again.

Originally Posted by AZjeff
Originally Posted by Kira

In the early 2000s we went to look at an Accord. There was a little sticker in the window beside the factory one , ADP - $500

ADP was "added dealer profit". Never looked at a Honda again.

I had one even better. One Honda dealer wanted $500 from me just to start negotiating. I turned around that second and left.

Last edited:
Only mark up I ever encountered at a dealer was on the Charger Hellcat. One dealer had a $7,500 markup...what a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back