Dazed and confused movie

The movies character Hirschfelder was based on him has died....I met him once at their family BBQ place....he was great story teller.

Last edited:
They did a fantastic job of getting the timeline details very accurate as to the goings on when the story took place.
I was a huge fan of it being in high school 72-76 ....the music was spot on but no Zep...ive read a huge cut of the movies budget like 100k went to Aerosmith just for one song...Page wanted to use their music in the movie but Plant stopped it....Alice Cooper "use anything you want for free....It may help us turn on some new gen to our music..."

I was a huge fan of it being in high school 72-76 ....the music was spot on but no Zep...ive read a huge cut of the movies budget like 100k went to Aerosmith just for one song...Page wanted to use their music in the movie but Plant stopped it....Alice Cooper "use anything you want for free....It may help us turn on some new gen to our music..."
Alice Cooper is an awesome Rock Star.

"If you're listening to a rock star in order to get your information on who to vote for, you're a bigger moron than they are.“ — Alice Cooper

It was my era, too, so most of it felt very familiar. But what was the deal with the nasty hazing of incoming HS freshmen? Was that a Texas thing?

It was my era, too, so most of it felt very familiar. But what was the deal with the nasty hazing of incoming HS freshmen? Was that a Texas thing?
I asked him....i think it was a huntsville TX thing back then....i know lot of guys here and they said in high school in TX as a senior all they wanted was to drink beer and chase chicks ....nobody gave a **** about 9th graders.....they had never heard of it either.

I asked him....i think it was a huntsville TX thing back then....i know lot of guys here and they said in high school in TX as a senior all they wanted was to drink beer and chase chicks ....nobody gave a **** about 9th graders.....they had never heard of it either.
Thanks! Well, there's my answer, one degree removed from the source. Yeah, when I was seventeen, going into my senior year, I couldn't have cared less about a thirteen-year-old.

Back