Dayton torpedo heater not getting fuel.

Hello everyone. I am working on a torpedo heater. It kicks on and then cycles back off after several seconds and gives an E1 code. It's getting spark and had fuel in the tank but won't suck the fuel up to spray it. The air pump is also not pumping. I took the pump apart cleaned it and set the rotor gap using a dollar bill. It all seems ok but it's not building any pressure to suck the fuel out of the tank. I can remove the line from the pump and suck on the hose and get fuel at the nozzle. It all leads to the pump not creating any pressure which I verified with the gauge. But everything looks ok. I reinstalled the screws using Teflon tape. Not sure what else to look for at this point. What do you guys think? It's a Dayton 210,000 btu torpedo kerosene heater.

There is a YouTube sight (Jungle King 007) that discusses the Dayton heater you have. You might look at that. If the pump primes but doesn't produce pressure, perhaps the relief valve is open.The air pump also not pumping could be a problem with the built in safties. Hope this helps. Regards

Back