Daughter bought a new car

IDK if anyone will see this post any further but I wanted to add that, the other insurance company paid my daughter $5100 more for her '15 Civic than she paid for it as a used car, 3 years ago in 2018. That was the good part. However, she still had to come up with another $5400 for the new '22 Civic.
What a great problem to have, coming up with only $5,400 to get a 6-7 year newer car.

Yes and no one was hurt which was even more important. Especially because she is my blood and her car was pushed ~150 ft toward a school bus that was loading children that morning. And the fact that the other insurance company's client caused her to have to spend more money that she didn't need to spend.

And it is $5400 she didn't need to spend since she just bought the 2015 Civic in 2018 with only 17800 miles on it. She loved the 2015 very much, it was paid for, got superb fuel economy, clean as a whistle with only ~63K miles. Lots of hiwy miles(~15K miles/year). Ran like a HONDA.

I mean, this is like saying that, if her car just happened to be an early 2000's vehicle only worth a few thousand dollars(but everything to her) that this is all the other insurance company gets away with paying? Think about it? Especially when their client caused such damage?

I guess we could go back & forth on this subject.

As many of you know from a previous post, my daughter was rear ended on her way to work while stopped for a School Bus, thus totaling out her 2015 Civic LX 1.8L(Modern Steel Met/light gray int).

Well with the insurance money from the other driver, and a few thousand more of her own dollar$, she bought a brand new 2022 Civic LX 2.0L(Meteorite Gray Met/light gray int), coincidently in same color combo as she had with here 2015(her preference).

Slightly under MSRP... Surprisingly! (y) After tax & registration/new plates, she paid close to MSRP but at least she DIDN'T overpay for it in today's times.
She found it in Pittsburgh and they're delivering it (FOC) this week to her in State College.
My wife had a 2020 Civic with the 2.0L. That engine is great. Not a fan of the CVT, but the engine itself was flawless. We routinely pulled 40 MPG out on our long highway trips.

Back