Data leak includes passwords for this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just notified by Apple that my password for this site and some others appeared in a data leak. Is anybody aware of this? Could it be from the AT&T hack??

I was just notified by Apple that my password for this site and some others appeared in a data leak. Is anybody aware of this? Could it be from the AT&T hack??
I have found that Apple thing to be incorrect. Not precise. It mostly goes by password simplicity and comparison to use at other sites and use by others. A good reminder, but not accurate.

I looked at it on mine. Apple says the password has appeared in a data leak. It doesn’t say what data leak, and IIRC, someplace it said that this means the password itself was found but not necessarily in conjunction with the username or site.

We should have @wwillson weigh in, and avoid speculation until he gives the actual scoop…

I don’t even use more than 10 Apple passwords. Everything is in Bitwarden

IMG_6427.jpg

I haven’t been notified about my BITOG password but apple has gave me that warning with other sites that I may have used the same or similar password.

My Complete ID service just reported that my phone # and an old email address was found on the dark web from the AT&T hack.
Anybody even know how to get on the dark web??

This is the service/database that all the "your password has been leaked" services use to report the information. If you want to try it directly yourself.

That website form and the various reporting tools use https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K-anonymity to never actually transmit your password over the internet, even in encrypted form.

This forum has a feature where if you post your password, it replaces it with all asterisk and reports if its safe or not, here I'll go

************************* [CONFIRMED SAFE]

Wow, works pretty good

ATT sent me a stating they did not
ATT sent me a letter stating my data had been leaked but that they did not think any financially important info had been leaked. The next day I got an alert stating my SS# as well as my email and phone number were found on the dark web associated with the ATT leak. I always have freezes on my credit reports anyway but I also placed an additional warning to verify my identity before issuing credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back