Dark 5 youtube channel - interesting failed nukes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: sleddriver
Originally Posted By: Shannow
There's a big difference between recieving doses of radiation, and ingesting radioactive particles, that lodge and cause disaster.
+1
We can all thank that crazy bunch of radical, old baby boomers & their paranoia, for generations of people clueless about radiation, radio activity and nuclear power.

These same idiots equate microwaving food to "nuking" it, rather than simply HEATING it. More than a few believe that the process of "nuking" it equates to the use of ionizing radiation, thus won't eat any "nuked" food. However, they will clamp a microwave cell phone to their head for hours/day without a thought.

What a shame I had to be born after these idiots and suffer their generational "fallout". Talk about the after-effects of "damaging waste" and damaging LEVELS of such waste...

/rant

Go figure.....

Correct. Few people would be able to explain the difference between RF and ionizing radiation. Probably just as few would be able to explain to you how their microwave oven works (in general terms, even).

There's a big difference between recieving doses of radiation, and ingesting radioactive particles, that lodge and cause disaster.
+1
We can all thank that crazy bunch of radical, old baby boomers & their paranoia, for generations of people clueless about radiation, radio activity and nuclear power.

These same idiots equate microwaving food to "nuking" it, rather than simply HEATING it. More than a few believe that the process of "nuking" it equates to the use of ionizing radiation, thus won't eat any "nuked" food. However, they will clamp a microwave cell phone to their head for hours/day without a thought.

What a shame I had to be born after these idiots and suffer their generational "fallout". Talk about the after-effects of "damaging waste" and damaging LEVELS of such waste...

/rant

Go figure.....

Why of course.

Why didn't I see that my generation of "crazy bunch of radical, old baby boomers" is responsible for the wold's problems. We're all "paranoid". We're "idiots" who don't understand how a microwave works. We probably don't understand the difference between alpha, beta, gamma radiation, and are "clueless" about electromagnetic radiation and the electromagnetic spectrum.

Yes, it is a shame you "had to be born after these idiots and suffer their generational fallout".

Thank you for enlightening me.

Originally Posted By: glitch
+1

/rant

Go figure.....

Why of course.

Why didn't I see that my generation of "crazy bunch of radical, old baby boomers" is responsible for the wold's problems. We're all "paranoid". We're "idiots" who don't understand how a microwave works. We probably don't understand the difference between alpha, beta, gamma radiation, and are "clueless" about electromagnetic radiation and the electromagnetic spectrum.

Yes, it is a shame you "had to be born after these idiots and suffer their generational fallout".

A bit touchy, eh?

Springfield...as in MA?

Your over-reaction just made my point.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
Operation Upshot Knothole also is known for the radiation effects on the cast and crew of the movie The Conqueror, starring John Wayne and Susan Hayward. A significant portion of those people developed cancer and died as a result.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Conqueror_(film)

Not that it was due to cancer, but that movie almost made me drop dead.

John Wayne as a Mongolian? GTFO.

Originally Posted By: glitch
+1

/rant

Go figure.....

Why of course.

A bit touchy, eh?

Springfield...as in MA?

Your over-reaction just made my point.

Seriously?
The OP started a thread about "interesting failed nukes", you twisted it into a rant about an entire generation.
Sarcasm hardly qualifies as overreaction.

Unfortunately, my previous post wasn't allowed as it was more than 4 levels deep.

Too bad...however my previous comments do survive and stand. I remember all the older, crazy BB protesters in the commons, screaming about kids glowing and how ALL and ANY radiation would poison everyone, blah, blah, blah....how many of them do you think understand alpha, beta & gamma radiation? The same who shut down the US nuclear power industry? For decades upon decades? Hmmm?

Reacting is so much easier than stopping...and having a think.

Those who understood and supported nuclear power?

I don't think so.....

sleddriver, you think you had it tough?

let me one up you:

i was about 6-700KM from the Chernobyl reactor.

Their communist "baby boomers" reaction:?
2 weeks after the fallout they give us 2 drops of iodine solution....

The free-enterprise reaction:?
sell contaminated Ukrainian tobacco as cheap cigarettes by some appear over night outlets

at least they choose (surprise surprise for the Warsaw Pact) to go with the safer CANDU design when they commissioned to build a new power plant...

In the 1950's, people would go out to see the Nevada open air bomb tests, setting up lawn chairs as close as the government would let them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back