Damaged wheel :/

This is what a fast fit tyre place does, they don’t use plastic sleeves on the tyre bar, no plastic rim protector between rim and machine head and no plastic head. All these items need replacement as and when worn out compared to metal ones but stop wheel damage.

Pay a bit more next time to use a decent tyre shop who cares.

You can see what part of the remove and refit process did each bit of damage.

Short of a new wheel and competent mounting nothing they can do with that is going to be satisfactory.

Agree with revolution mounting…

Short of a new wheel and competent mounting nothing they can do with that is going to be satisfactory.

Agree with revolution mounting…
I’m in talks with a manager there. They agreed to replacing it, but not necessary with a factory wheel. I informed him that’s all I was interested in and he didn’t say no. Not sure if they realize how much that costs. We will see where this goes.

I’m in talks with a manager there. They agreed to replacing it, but not necessary with a factory wheel. I informed him that’s all I was interested in and he didn’t say no. Not sure if they realize how much that costs. We will see where this goes.
You may be better off finding a refinishing company that meets your standards and sending the tyre place the bill, if they don’t agree to a new wheel from VW.

so for the profit they made off your tire replacement.. they will have to do another 50 to fix their mistake? 🥴
I recommend when you go to a tire place you tell them "ALL MY WHEELS ARE PRISTINE"
I'd like to receive them back that way.. in as nice a way as you can manage.
oh and take pictures that day before they work on it.

so for the profit they made off your tire replacement.. they will have to do another 50 to fix their mistake? 🥴
I recommend when you go to a tire place you tell them "ALL MY WHEELS ARE PRISTINE"
I'd like to receive them back that way.. in as nice a way as you can manage.
oh and take pictures that day before they work on it.
??? Another $450.

100% not noticeable when the vehicle is in motion. Besides, this is the first of many more to come with miles and miles of car ownership. But you already know that.

100% not noticeable when the vehicle is in motion. Besides, this is the first of many more to come with miles and miles of car ownership. But you already know that.
Maybe. Maybe not. We’ve somehow managed to keep our long term’ers looking mint

Bought a Challenger on auction, came with a scuffed wheel as per auction notes. Aluminium was damaged.
Sent it out for refinishing, came back as good as new. No way to tell why the damage was, and perfect color match to OE.

Bought a Challenger on auction, came with a scuffed wheel as per auction notes. Aluminium was damaged.
Sent it out for refinishing, came back as good as new. No way to tell why the damage was, and perfect color match to OE.
I would not have machined face wheels refinished without a lifetime warranty. They're very hard to do correctly.

Clean it up with some paste wax and move on with life. Life is too short to dwell on some superficial scratches on a car rim.

Clean it up with some paste wax and move on with life. Life is too short to dwell on some superficial scratches on a car rim.
Not everyone feels that way. To me it feels a lot more like what we work hard for being quickly ruined for no reason at all. Besides, detailing and keeping our autos in great shape is a hobby of mine and something I find joy in. If it were a beater I wouldn't care as much, but on a car this new it really just isn't acceptable to me. You may feel differently about your cars, and that's fine.

Not everyone feels that way. To me it feels a lot more like what we work hard for being quickly ruined for no reason at all. Besides, detailing and keeping our autos in great shape is a hobby of mine and something I find joy in. If it were a beater I wouldn't care as much, but on a car this new it really just isn't acceptable to me. You may feel differently about your cars, and that's fine.

We all work hard for our vehicles but need to keep it in perspective. Unless this is a garage queen that is rarely driven, it's going to get chips, scratches and other daily wear and tear while in use doing what we bought it for - to serve us by taking us to work, store, family errands, etc.

We all work hard for our vehicles but need to keep it in perspective. Unless this is a garage queen that is rarely driven, it's going to get chips, scratches and other daily wear and tear while in use doing what we bought it for - to serve us by taking us to work, store, family errands, etc.
Wear caused by use and wear caused by someone else's negligence are different.

At least to me.

Back