Damage Done From Pot Holes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The local news stations here are saying this has been the worst pothole season here in at least 8 years, due to the constant warmup/thaw cycles with lots of precipitation we've been getting. And I can confirm, I've never seen anything like it, I've been reporting potholes to the city via their app/website almost everyday and they patch them but as soon as they are patched there are more. It's absolutely insane.

Bent an OZ rim beyond repair, killed the tire. Killed a shock absorber. Had my 2 front bearings replaced too, linked to potholes? Who knows. Alignment out of wack too.

My buddy lost a airbag on his S500. $1200 part pre labor. Oh and dufus left the car at home and left to work (long haul), so he had to buy a new battery too, since the compressor kept on pumping to level the car out lol.
Pot hole was MAYBE 3" deep.

Last edited:
Two run flats..

First one I wasnt too upset about because it didnt upset the alignment and the tire was getting low pn tread anyways..

Well, 3 weeks after putting a brand new run flat on, hit another massive pot hole. Had to replace due to another sideall bubble.

I called the state highway monday morning to "advise" them of the potholes and they were all filled by wednesday afternoon, so not horrible service on their part there. This has been the worst condition the roads have been in since I first started driving.

I-71 to Columbus is as bad in some spots as I've seen in the last twenty years.
We haven't been north of Columbus since early December and things were fine then.
We'll be venturing north of Columbus to the Cleveland area in the next couple of weeks and I'm sure that it'll be pretty bad with suburban Cleveland even worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back