Cybertruck Vs. Porsche Carrera 911

Nick1994

$100 site donor 2024
As fun as that is, let’s toss in a few turns, with no trailer, and see how many laps down the Cybertruck is after half an hour.
Well, it's a pickup truck vs a world class sports car.
The real takeaway is simply the incredible acceleration of the EV drivetrain.

As far as the Cybertruck goes, I prefer our trusty old Tundra with only 220K miles on the clock.

RWD won't be available until 2025 and there's a zero chance it'll be that price if it ever comes to market.
I had a reservation almost 3 years ago for one, then cancelled it once I found out there was about a million preorders before mine 🤣

That was a pretty shocking result.

The Cybertruck weighs 8000-10,000 lbs, a 911 3700lbs max, trailer maybe another 500lbs.

An 11s quarter mile for a 4-5 ton vehicle while towing 4k lbs is amazing.

I saw a better video of a ev outrunning every type of street drag race car they could find and put up against it… On a real regular street … Nitrous powered… with slicks… Procharger with slick big tires… Blower motor with big tires that were slicks…

I believe that ev car was hopped up and changes made to its power battery in it and it had an adjusted chassis too… Still it was extremely impressive.

That ev whooped them all…. Back to back to back to back to back.

Though put that cyber truck on a road course… Like Watkins Glen…. The Porsche would beat the tar out of that heavy truck.

And let’s run them both for 110 laps at Watkins Glen….

I am curious if that ev heavy trucks battery would make it the total distance.. . A LOT of heat created by running wide donkey open and it weighs that much, And how long a pit stop charging it would take for it to make it to the 110th lap ?

Porsche for that win… By a wide margin I’d be willing to bet good money on that.

Think about it… Electrical power is delivered at full power way, way, way faster vs a turbo boosted motor can do it… or a nitrous powered car…. Or a blower powered car… or supercharger power car… Even with race fuel in a regular motor car with any of the above it takes time to deliver full 100 percent power.

its gonna be an interesting on how this plays out with those who went in for the Rwd at 39k. I assume that was their top reservation.
I've had a $100 deposit on the base RWD for 4 years. Yeah, it was advertised at $39,990. Now $60,990, that's 52.5% price increase. I think I will demand $152.50 back and cancel the order.

The RWD model range is still estimated at only 250 miles. So, in the real world probably closer to 180. That's laughable.

Back