[Cut Open] Fram PH7317 - Virgin - Silicone ADBV

Status
Not open for further replies.
They just went through a redesign of the Tough Guard a few months ago, when we got good deals of the old Tough Guards at walmart. I don't think they would have done that if they planned to kill the Tough Guard line. They are here to stay for a while.

That has to be the best cut open oil filter montage I've ever seen! I use these Fram 7317 filters on my GF's Honda Fit because this filter has a lot of inlet holes. Other filters like AC Delco and Purolator have real small inlet holes.

Originally Posted By: xtell
That has to be the best cut open oil filter montage I’ve ever seen! ...

Thank You

Originally Posted By: goodtimes
Bottom end cap looks different. Other ones have points and are not round. There appears to be some tiny nubs, maybe this model has it that way. Wonder how tight it fits in the can.

The nubs appear to be undamaged. The fit of the element into the can is not especially tight.

This seems typical of this particular size/design - evidence a Honeywell A02 from back in the day:

Honeywellf.jpg

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: irv
I mentioned this in another thread and that is, with this new EG filter, my gut tells me the TG will soon be a thing of the past. There will be 2 choices only, the EG and the Ultra. Just my thoughts on this, nothing more.

Looks like Fram got rid of the "High Mileage" filter with the goo tablet inside. It's not shown on their updated website anymore.

My bet is Fram will keep the EG, TG and XG line up for a long time.

You're likely right, I was just thinking, with the new EG out, the TG might go by the wayside? Less cost, etc, etc, etc, and with likely most people (other than BITOG people) purchasing the cheapest oil filter possible, I thought maybe the TG numbers would suffer, which would eventually lead to it's demise?

I hope your right as I want to use the TG's for my vehicles even though, likely, the EG's are plenty of filter for them?

Very nice exhibit. Your new filter cut opens are excellent, and should become stickies IMO. Better than other oil filter "studies" on the net. Thanks for all the expense and time involved.

Thank you guys, I do try to add value. Since things can change for better or worse seems prudent to try to stay on top of it.

Even though I don't need any oil or filters, I always pass by the automotive section to see what's new at Wal-Mart. So I saw an extra guard outside of its box and I was surprised in a good way to see the extra guard with a silicone anti drain back valve. I don't know why people hate these filters, they work perfectly fine for me.

I’m heading to Walmart this weekend to pick up supplies for my Camry. I think I’ll grab one of the Orange Cans of Delight. Thanks for the C&P!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back