"Creaking" Conti DWS's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My God. I have Continental DWS 06's and I have been trying to figure out where that noise has been coming from when I make sharp turns for a while now. I have replaced all of the front suspension components minus the actual hub and it's still there. Yet another reason I don't care for the Contis.

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy

As for the other comment about tire temp/pressure, that didn't seem to affect my situation. The only time the noise went away was when it was wet out (raining). Aside from that the noise was a constant annoyance.

My gf and I have noticed that when you drive the car more frequently and everything is "warmed up", the noise seems to go away.
Only when doing sharp turns does it seem to come back. Regardless, I shouldn't have to wait for my tires to "warm up" for mysterious noises to go away.

????

I too had a creaking noise that started in the past two weeks, I thought it was the bushings for my new control arms got wet from all the rain we've been getting because after a day of sitting in the sun a few times, that noise faintly went away. Then it came back. The only time I'd hear this is when I'm on an incline or accelerating uphill, sometimes turning. Sounded like it always came from the front driver side. Then that tire blew out Friday night. Had Falken G4 Pro A/S installed about two years ago. Replaced both fronts with Sumitomo HTR PO2 A/S which has same tread pattern as the Falkens, and the creaking is gone. The Falken tire blew out about an inch into the sidewall and about two inches over the outer treadblock.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mightymousetech

As for the other comment about tire temp/pressure, that didn't seem to affect my situation. The only time the noise went away was when it was wet out (raining). Aside from that the noise was a constant annoyance.

My gf and I have noticed that when you drive the car more frequently and everything is "warmed up", the noise seems to go away.
Only when doing sharp turns does it seem to come back. Regardless, I shouldn't have to wait for my tires to "warm up" for mysterious noises to go away.

????

I was mistaken. I thought the noise was related to temp, but it wasn't. Only when everything was wet did the noise go away.

Originally Posted By: Lethal1ty17
My God. I have Continental DWS 06's and I have been trying to figure out where that noise has been coming from when I make sharp turns for a while now. I have replaced all of the front suspension components minus the actual hub and it's still there. Yet another reason I don't care for the Contis.

Glad to see others are getting benefit from my reports of Conti tire troubles.
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back