Crawfish Season Is Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sister lives near Houma, they look at I-10 as the Louisiana mason-dixon, if you're north of 10 you're no longer in cajun country. (I dont agree)
My wifes family is from Melville / Palmetto area. Between Billy's and Kartchner's grocery I cant pass through Krotz Springs with knocking a few years off my life. You should leave the manda alone and get some of the Kartchners sausage for your next boil

The crawfish were great in Houma the other day … but what I can’t stop thinking about was the size of those salty oysters …

Originally Posted By: Soggydog
My sister lives near Houma, they look at I-10 as the Louisiana mason-dixon, if you're north of 10 you're no longer in cajun country. (I dont agree)
My wifes family is from Melville / Palmetto area. Between Billy's and Kartchner's grocery I cant pass through Krotz Springs with knocking a few years off my life. You should leave the manda alone and get some of the Kartchners sausage for your next boil

When I take the KROTZ SPRINGS way to Baton Rouge, it's only for one reason, to stop at KARTCHNER'S STORE. Man, they have some of the best fresh sausage in the state of La. And all of that [censored] about I-10 and the border, well, it's just all [censored]. We have some of the most French Cajun people that reside here in the state of La. I can speak/hold a French conversation with the best of them. And, it's AVOYELLES PARISH where I live.

https://www.kartchnersspecialtymeats.com/

Originally Posted By: car51
I looked again and yes that was March
smile.gif

All good Blue
smile.gif

car51, I still appreciate it very much that you acknowledged my birthday. Thank You Sir!
34.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: 4WD
The crawfish were great in Houma the other day … but what I can’t stop thinking about was the size of those salty oysters …

My parents know a lot of people down in Houma. And yes, they do have some good crawfish down there. But, their shrimp is even better. As far as oyster's geaux, I stay away from them. I can't eat them without thinking about what they ACTUALLY look like. But, I sure can shuck them!

Originally Posted By: Soggydog
I'm just gonna leave this here....
http://dailycrawfishnews.com/2018/05/05/...oes-on-rampage/

Yeah, dat crawfish has made his way here to Avoyelles Parish. All of the local crawfish boils this past weekend had to be cancelled due to retaliation from da monstuh crawfish, yeah!
As I type, Thibodeaux & Boudreaux Crawfish Traps, Inc. are building a pot big enough to boil dat monstuh! A good time will be had by all, mon sha'.

You hafta wait 'til they're 3-5 lbs for those itty bitty lobstahs to taste any good. Go back to Arcadia and catch some of decent size. Just foolin' with ya , my friend. Crawdads are on my list of things to try. Oh and Happy B'day
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: andyd
You hafta wait 'til they're 3-5 lbs for those itty bitty lobstahs to taste any good. Go back to Arcadia and catch some of decent size. Just foolin' with ya , my friend. Crawdads are on my list of things to try. Oh and Happy B'day
grin2.gif

Thank you so much!
I see you're from Massachusetts, right? Do y'all have lobstah up there? If so, how do y'all prepare it, boil and/or steam it? I have only eaten a (1-1/4 lb.) lobstah tail once at RED LOBSTER and man, C'est Si Bon, mon sha'! I have eaten lobster rolls from Maine. A welder in my company went on vacation to his hometown in MN. I asked him to bring me back some lobster rolls. He bought the lobster there, brought it home, and made me the lobster rolls from his great great grandmothers recipe. OMG! They were AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back