coyotes in suburbia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chupacabras in Surburbans............
Coyotes are a mere nuisance compared to South Texas Chupacabras!
We use whole live gazelles (get them from exotic game ranches) to bait Chupacabras.
Late at night, Chupas' will arrive at the bait, usually in pairs, but sometimes a whole family of them will arrive in a '88 Suburban.
The gazelle is just a appetizer, their prime targets are goats and Bigfoots.

Gray squirrels, wild turkeys, deer, and coyotes all visit from time to time. Really enjoy seeing them all.

I work in Glendale OH, and the black squirrels that were imported from Michigan have pretty much run off the native grays. The fire trucks and police cars are even painted black to "honor" the squirrels. There are big fiberglass squirrels on street corners, all painted different colors, like the pigs in the City of Cincinnati.

http://www.glendaleohio.org/squirrels.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Pig_Gig

Our 19 year old cat got inadvertently left outside at nigh and I woke up to yelping at 4am. I went outside and found two pups and mama had cornered the cat in the gas grill. So I picked up my woodsman longer handled ax near backdoor/wood puile. The two pups ran but mum was not giving up. One swing of ax and it yelping but was able to leave my yard albeit a blood trail.

Our cat survived with a bunch of stitches.

I live across the street from a very large (over 100 acres) fenced in wooded area just over the New York City border. There is a pack of coyotes that have been living there for maybe 8-10 years I would say at least.

You can hear them boys howling up a storm on some evenings, makes me think of those old western cowboy movies. The local community association has been up in arms. Every couple of years they hold a meeting to address the coyotes by me, as well as for some of my neighbors that have coyotes wandering in their yards from time to time. The police who have spoken at these meetings say that the bottom line is there is very, very little if anything that can be legally be done by homeowners or the authorities to eradicate even one coyote.

Last edited:
People have talked about hearing coyotes howling around my house, but I don't think anybody has seen one yet. Haven't seen the fishers in years and even the mink seem to have disappeared, maybe the guy who traps the fishers for our horrendous neighbors has been bagging them, too.

Had some black bears teach us a lesson about leaving bird feeders out too late this past spring. We had the windows open for sleeping because it was so nice out and I woke up around 2am to hear what I thought was a bunch of drunks making weird noises (even though this would have been a truly extraordinary event in my neighborhood, I can go over a year without seeing the people right across the street). Finally figured out a mama bear and two good sized cubs were going after the bird seeds while making their weird moaning sounds, it eventually got to the point that one cub was hanging completely on the feeder and the other was on top of the tree branch it was hanging from trying to get it down while mom supervised.
We watched them for about 20 minutes before I got my zillion candlepower flashlight out and irritated the bears enough by shining it in their faces that they ambled away. It was fascinating to watch them, but I did wonder if mom could break down my front door easily if she thought we were threatening...don't think she would have found my 10" blade Buck knife too threatening. Guess it could have been questionable for me to even slam it shut and lock it if she had charged, they are quite quick and they were only about 20 feet away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back