Correct product for lubricating sunroof tracks?

I noticed today the sunroof on my '07 Pacifica has a slight squeek while opening/closing. From what I can tell the OEM used some sort of yellowish paste, or perhaps started out as a grease but is mostly dried out.

What do you all recommend as a lubricant?

silicone grease- probably ok, or buy the specific part of sunroof grease.

Might want to see if you can get in there with a microfiber towel and clean it up any first.
the dried chunky stuff is sometimes abrasive

873b13d0-2f30-40d7-a9f8-b5d304a9cf93-9dc50faf0b1dfaa14a66e376cd65f490-jpeg.100896

I have been using BMW sun roof lubricant. This little tube is more than enough to lubricate the sun roof on my E350 and the sun roof on my wife's Outback, with enough left over for almost a third sun roof. Almost, but not quite. I used to buy it from Amazon, but it wasn't available when I just checked. Oh, well. If it were me, I'd rather give my money to FCP Euro anyway.

You can also get it from Pelican Parts, ECS Tuning, even Ebay if you think it will not be counterfeit. 🤔

I did that to my Yukon years ago. I used blue shop towels and wetted them in soapy water and cleaned the tracks then just used a light amount of tube grease with my finger. Didn't want to put too much. It's still quiet. You can also use silicone grease which is supposed to be the correct one and you can get that at any store.

@ATex7239, Could it be that you are misinterpreting the Since 1894?

I don't think 3-In-One is saying they have been making RV window & track lube since 1894, but rather, 3-In-One has been in business since 1894. The 3-In-One company started with a lubricant/rust preventative/cleaner (thus, 3-in-one) for bicycles in 1894.

Look it up.

I have been using BMW sun roof lubricant. This little tube is more than enough to lubricate the sun roof on my E350 and the sun roof on my wife's Outback, with enough left over for almost a third sun roof. Almost, but not quite. I used to buy it from Amazon, but it wasn't available when I just checked. Oh, well. If it were me, I'd rather give my money to FCP Euro anyway.

You can also get it from Pelican Parts, ECS Tuning, even Ebay if you think it will not be counterfeit. 🤔

If you use that on a Moonroof will it void the warranty? :ROFLMAO:

I noticed today the sunroof on my '07 Pacifica has a slight squeek while opening/closing. From what I can tell the OEM used some sort of yellowish paste, or perhaps started out as a grease but is mostly dried out.

What do you all recommend as a lubricant?
A trick for RV slides, is Pledge spray. I would clean the seals well, using some PB blaster on a rag, and see if the issue is resolved.

@ATex7239, Could it be that you are misinterpreting the Since 1894?

I don't think 3-In-One is saying they have been making RV window & track lube since 1894, but rather, 3-In-One has been in business since 1894. The 3-In-One company started with a lubricant/rust preventative/cleaner (thus, 3-in-one) for bicycles in 1894.

Look it up.
I know what they mean. Some times those dates are sus though

If you use that on a Moonroof will it void the warranty? :ROFLMAO:
Well, considering that what we call a sunroof today, is really what was originally called a moonroof, then I suspect it will be ok.

I don't know if any auto manufacturer makes what was originally called a sunroof. I can't recall the last time I have seen one.

Back