Commuting in a truck (a year later).

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pickup market is where the manufacturers are making money these days. They are doing everything to get as much of the market as they can with their engineering to make a better driving experience for a wider market of buyers. When you think of it, what they have done with the mileage improvements is pretty impressive.

Originally Posted by HowAboutThis
I commute 75 miles per day in a Corolla. I get 40-42mpgs regularly. A truck? Ugh. I'd love it for the room and comfort and visibility...but...an extra $100-150 per month in gas just for my commute, not including other random trips. No thanks. Plus brand new with an extended warranty I paid upper $15k for the Corolla. No brainer, IMO.

Yeah, I drive a 2000 Mustang GT for my commuter car (80 miles round trip) and I got 19 mpg last time I checked it. My truck averages 18-19 mpg. It goes down a little in the colder weather, but on a good day the GT gets 23. I considered a new Malibu hybrid (should get about what your Corolla gets) but I can fully retire in 6 months so I don't want any debt right now. Trucks have come a long way in the last 10 years but gas adds up esp when the price spikes.

Originally Posted by UncleDave
25 MPG in a 5.3 Silverado?

Can it do that - sure probably.

Is that what it gets day to day commuting?

Sure - lets go with that.

[Linked Image]

I'm averaging around 22MPG. Even when I drive 90% city I don't get MPG that low people can not drive as a rule.

Originally Posted by UncleDave
25 MPG in a 5.3 Silverado?

Can it do that - sure probably.

Is that what it gets day to day commuting?

Sure - lets go with that.

[Linked Image]

Also I forgot to add his snap shot is his MPG from everyday driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back