Collective car nouns, real and imagined

Originally Posted by Trav
A group of parked Subaru wagons is either a "trailhead" or a "cylinder head repair shop."
LOL Sad but true.
+1

From the comments to the original article: A "smugness" of Priuses A "clan" of Highlanders Those were good.

When I have been at a road course when there happens to be a group of Corvettes running line astern not letting anyone else pass they call it a "Corvette Conga Line"

Originally Posted by DBMaster
Here's one that often crosses my mind. Is the plural of Prius "Priuses" or "Prii?"
Officially Prii according to Toyota, I read someplace. Same Latin form as plural of radius = radii.

Originally Posted by CR94
Here's one that often crosses my mind. Is the plural of Prius "Priuses" or "Prii?"
Officially Prii according to Toyota, I read someplace. Same Latin form as plural of radius = radii.
LOL

Herd of Tauri (Taurus) Marquee of Neons Empire of Azteks Quake of Vibes of course, a Swarm of Beetles just a few ideas...

Last edited:
Originally Posted by CR94
LOL
How about Lexus? Is the plural "Lexuses" or "Lexi?"

nope. it's Lexus
1 Lexus, 2 Lexus, 78 Lexus. 1 Moose, 2 Moose, 78 moose.

or to be truly asinine: it could be Lexxus...
1 Lexus, 2 Lexxus, 78 Lexxus
I looked this up and saw that some Toyota people do say "Lexuses" because it's not an actual Greek word. It's made up. I usually get around it by saying "Lexus vehicles." 8-{D>