Collapse Forums Functionality?

@wwillson - were you able to find anything on this? It is more than a little annoying to have a feature that does not work.

It is more than a little annoying to have a feature that does not work.
Stop trying it until it's confirmed that it's been adjusted ? 🤷‍♂️ I tried it, it didn't seem to stick, others said the same, so I stopped....

Well tried it again yesterday, came on this evening and it still is reverting.
Any idea on an ETA on this? I don't have this issue on other XF sites, so it is not them.
Yes, the add-on I installed to close forums isn't able to remember your settings from session to session. We can either keep the add-on, remove it, or look for one that remembers your settings. Thoughts?

There doesn't appear to be an add-on that keeps the state in the database. There is talk about the guy who wrote the one we use adding the database persistence, but he hasn't done it yet.

For those of you who say the collapsed forum sections doesn't stay collapsed, are you logging out and logging back in? I've collapsed some sections and as long as I don't log-out they stay collapsed.

I do not log in and out.

We can either keep the add-on, remove it, or look for one that remembers your settings. Thoughts?
Since the current one doesn't work, keep the add-ons simple and get rid of it. When I say it doesn't work, is there really any benefit to a user to collapse sub-forums (every time) just for their current browsing session ? I can live without the option so if you don't look for a replacement, I'm fine... If you find one that works, I'll probably use it. 👍

For those of you who say the collapsed forum sections doesn't stay collapsed, are you logging out and logging back in? I've collapsed some sections and as long as I don't log-out they stay collapsed.
No; not logging out. The setting just does not stick and it seems to last about 48 hours or so then all of the collapsed forums re-expand.

No; not logging out. The setting just does not stick and it seems to last about 48 hours or so then all of the collapsed forums re-expand.

I'll see if they hold for me or not over the next few days.

My collapsed forums un-collapsed by themselves this morning. Never logged out.

Is this fixed? On the desktop version, the forums have not expanded after I collapsed them some days ago. Just wanted to see if others experienced the same.

The functionality of this add-on is what it is. The author hasn't committed to making your settings sticky, so either we live with it the way it is, or we remove the add-on.
Ah; ok. I was only asking because it appears to be working (but I could be dreaming) :ROFLMAO:

Back