Collapse Forums Functionality?

@wwillson @Astro14 - gents can we have the functionality turned on to collapse forums? There are a number of them I never visit and I am sure that others have some as well. This would make the page easier to navigate by reducing the overall used real estate.

Thanks!

BITOG.jpg

@wwillson - it does not seem to stay "set". I have turned off some forums and come back to the site a bit later to find them turned back on. I am sure that I am not logging out so not sure why this happening.

They 'stick' for me as well.

However, I had to do it for each browser/machine that I use. I guess that 'collapse' information gets stored locally in a cookie?
It may and to tell the truth I cannot remember if I did it on every device that I use. I set it again on this machine and will see what happens.

I was going to ask something similar and that is, instead of collapsing an entire sub-forum, is there an option to hide/not display individual area (not sure what each level is called) ? For example, under Lubrication and General Automotive, I'd like to hide the "Grease" section or under Oil Analysis Reports, hide "Coolant Analysis". The Collapse option gets rid of too much in my case.

I was going to ask something similar and that is, instead of collapsing an entire sub-forum, is there an option to hide/not display individual area (not sure what each level is called) ? For example, under Lubrication and General Automotive, I'd like to hide the "Grease" section or under Oil Analysis Reports, hide "Coolant Analysis". The Collapse option gets rid of too much in my case.
Fairly certain that functionality is not built into XF by default (only possible to collapse the whole forum). It may be possible through a add-on/plug-in, but those are typically not free.

Fairly certain that functionality is not built into XF by default (only possible to collapse the whole forum). It may be possible through a add-on/plug-in, but those are typically not free.
Yeah, it's hard to know (or impossible) what features I've seen on other XF forums are built-in vs add-ons. I was just throwing it out for consideration.... Not a big deal, I have always cleaned up the forum lists at some that I frequent (if they have the option).

However, I had to do it for each browser/machine that I use. I guess that 'collapse' information gets stored locally in a cookie?
This only happens to me in

In Edge I have it set to clear cache/cookies every time I close the browser so when I open it back up and login all the sections I had collapsed are now open, I don't have Firefox setup like that so they stay collapsed all the time so it's cache/cookie related.

I don't remember which subforums I collapsed (may have mentioned it in this thread up there ^^) but it was at least one, probably two. Right now, there are none still collapsed so yeah, it definitely forgets.

Any update on getting this feature to stick? I use only one computer, and I don't have to log in, so the cookies are fine, just seems every other day or so all forums are open again and I have to go back and minimize unused forums.

Back